UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » ducati monster dark 600

Old 14-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
red_or_dead666

Talking ducati monster dark 600

Hi, have been on a 125cc vespa scooter for the last year, (I don't drive a car, long story) have fallen in love with biking and a Ducati dark 600 after seeing one parked in my local petrol station.
Could do with some help....Am 5'4 female with a short inside leg, will I be able to ride the flaming thing? will it be too heavy?? too fast??
Old 14-07-2008, 04:17 PM   #2
dunlop0_1

Hi, 600 is a perfect first monster. Louise is 5'2'' and after a few tweaks to her 750 has no problem riding/balancing the bike now. Try and get the chance to sit on a 600 first and see how it feels. Remember, it will only go as fast as you want it to.
Old 14-07-2008, 04:25 PM   #3
johnsy

I'm a bloke, 5ft 6" 28" inside leg, on the 900, easy bike to ride and control. Can't believe you'd find any problems.
Old 14-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #4
red_or_dead666

Cheers! Thanks for the advice.
Have looked at the Kawasaki er500 and at a Virago (low rider style) the Mirauder (again low rider style)
The Ducati just has that something about it, there are quite a few round where I live and I 've always been jealous when they've rumbled past me at light speed.
Old 14-07-2008, 06:37 PM   #5
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Bike: M620
im a lepricaun and it fits me fine!!! (im shorter than you)

drunk:
Northern Irelands answer to common sense-NORTHERN IRELAND REP!!
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 06:46 AM   #6
squiffything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky View Post
im a lepricaun and it fits me fine!!! (im shorter than you)
You're shorter than everyone and that felt good to say from someone as short as I am

Red there are a few of us shorties on here and there are various ways to lower the ride position if you feel it is too high for you. do a search and you will find a number of threads on this. The best thing is to go and have a look/feel of one to see how it fits. As Dunlop said it really is a great first big bike and you will love it. Keep your eyes peeled there are usually a few on here for sale.

Good luck with the hunt
Old 17-07-2008, 04:58 PM   #7
red_or_dead666

Thanks ricky! Got a bit of a way to go yet, got to pass my part two of the bike test yet and not get sucked into the 'need a car rather than a bike cos I got a kid/ work/ blah blah blah'
Really want a Ducati dark 600M. Really. really want a ducati....
Old 17-07-2008, 09:03 PM   #8
eddie munster

i might have one for sale if your interested...
Old 17-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #9
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_or_dead666 View Post
Have looked at the Kawasaki er500
Best idea Red, look and walk on, they are terminally boring.
Quote:
Virago and the Marauder
Small yes but not exactly bursting with character or any charisma
Quote:
I 've always been jealous when they've rumbled past me at light speed.
LOL Answered yourself, get anything else and you'll always have that 'Wish I'd' thought and you'll still have monsters rumbling past you.
Old 18-07-2008, 06:23 PM   #10
red_or_dead666

Hi Eddie, would be interested but feel like a bit of a tyre kicker at the moment, don't have full bike license or the dosh (yet)

Hi NickJ, you're right. I don't want anything else, the dam thing is starting to turn up in my dreams..LOL!
Old 18-07-2008, 11:12 PM   #11
alreadyinuse

i'm 5ft4 witha 27" inside leg and i can get the ball of my feet on the ground.
thats standard everything.

The monster is 10x the bike that the er is.
and the other two are just horrible
600's arent that fast they do about 112mph flat out with you lying over the tank. on drag strip of course.
its very stable for us short arses who dont want to put our toes down you can crawl along really slowly need a strong left hand tho.

personally i wouldnt buy a dark tho get one with a bit of colour
Old 19-07-2008, 11:27 PM   #12
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Bike: S2r
Quote:
... got to pass my part two of the bike test yet and not get sucked into the 'need a car rather than a bike cos I got a kid/ work/ blah blah blah'
Really want a Ducati dark 600M. Really. really want a ducati....
Hello... are you after me ??? I dunno, some one else using my name in vain...

and as you've called, (and if my clutch gets fixed next week), I'll quite happily arrange a blast upto Buxton (presuming it's the one not too far from Macclesfield) and let you have a 'sit' to see if you can reach the floor.

If you really want one, then don't settle for anything else, I spent years not buying one for various reasons, and now I've got one I wouldn't settle for anything else.
Blah blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 02:26 PM   #13
red_or_dead666

Don't think I called you? was replying to somebody called Ricky?? Must have wires crossed somewhere.
Yes it's the Buxton on the other side of Macc. It'd would be great if you came up, but please don't put yourself out...
It's bike city round here, we've got some great runs; long hill, cat and fiddle, the Macc Road, the leek road, harpur hill, the ashbourne road.... If the weathers good you can see every type of bike going and hear them too! LOL
It's my son's birthday next weekend but any Sunday after that would be OK?????
Old 21-07-2008, 06:44 AM   #14
squiffything

LOL Red have a look at the end of your post and then look at Blah Blah's name. Oh these guys are too funny by half It is that kind of humour that make this forum as good as it is.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:11 AM   #15
kingrolo

Hi there

Monsters are really easy to handle especially at low revs. Mine is for sale and I'm open to offers. Take a look!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ksid=p3907.m29