UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Norfolk » 12th July

Old 02-07-2008, 11:39 PM   #1
neilbaldry

12th July

Me and my bro are goin for a ride out to see Carl Harrisons, Seastar, and finally Lings in Lowestoft.

Anyone fancy coming along, and wants to add a few stops, feel free!
Old 05-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Aye, I might be up for that Neil. I have always fancied going to London Road Inc in Lowestoft. They have a diner place inside as well. But I certainly couldn't find it alone.

I'm sure Rod is off the weekend and Benson might be up so perhaps we'll have ourselves a rideout of more than 2!

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
neilbaldry

Hey Non, yeah, LR Inc is ok. Pretty easy to find. Ive not eaten in the diner, so cant comment on what the food is like! But the woman who co-runs it has/had a black/ tang S2R. And its up for sale. Think it might even be on their ebay listings aswel.

It is all weather dependant mind. My bike cant swim!
Old 09-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #4
gremlin

Hope you've got water wings, it's supposed to be wet on Saturday!
Old 09-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #5
neilbaldry

looks like if it is still going to happen, it will be sunday then!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:29 PM   #6
gremlin

Is Seasick open on Sunday? Still wouldn't be a huge miss if they're closed! Could do a Lowestoft to Southwold type ride out instead via Harleston of course!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:44 PM   #7
neilbaldry

I dunno whos open on a sunday to be honest.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #8
gremlin

Might be an idea to check or it could just be a meander around Norfolk, not that that's a bad thing of course!
Old 11-07-2008, 06:43 AM   #9
neilbaldry

I checked the weather on the BBC website last night, and for sunday, Lowestoft will have light showers, Dereham will be dry and sunny and Marham, aswel, will be dry and sunny. Thetford will have light showers, so will Norwich and Ipswich. So it looks like its going to be the luck of the draw. Could stay dry, could get wet............ But I think I will wait until saturday evening before commiting.

Last edited by neilbaldry; 11-07-2008 at 06:48 AM..
Old 11-07-2008, 06:59 AM   #10
squiffything

Neil, Me and the girls dad are taking a run out on Sunday for chish and fips in Southwold if you fancy a meet up. All dependent on the rain/sun.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:18 AM   #11
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Squiffy that sounds good. Would like to come.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:04 AM   #12
Snips

I have my parents down this weekend so I'm parent-sitting and can't come out to play :/

My dad's in his 70s now. He has always been into bikes, but couldn't afford anything interesting.

He hasn't ridden for years, since he had a minor spill on his Honda CB250 (that single cylinder model, can't recall the full name).

Anyway, I'm going to find somewhere quiet and let him have a run on my Monster - I'm hoping it'll be a real treat for him.

Hope you all have fun at the seaside.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:10 AM   #13
Nonnie
Dipstick!

My Dad rides mine Snips! Oh how I laughed when he jammed on the back brake thinking it was the foot rest. Har har.

Old people love Southwold, why don't you get them to drive there while you bike there and then we'll all have fish and chips. Most of us know how to behave in company! When I say most of us, obviously I don't mean me, but I'll try. They'll love it.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:35 AM   #14
Snips

"Who needs t'go t'bloody Spain when yer ave English seaside reight on yer doorstep?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonnie View Post
My Dad rides mine Snips! Oh how I laughed when he jammed on the back brake thinking it was the foot rest. Har har.

Old people love Southwold, why don't you get them to drive there while you bike there and then we'll all have fish and chips. Most of us know how to behave in company! When I say most of us, obviously I don't mean me, but I'll try. They'll love it.
Fortunately, the logistics won't work, but thanks for the invitation.

I say 'fortunately', because even if you could manage being well behaved for a couple of hours (which, to be honest, I doubt), I'm not sure my parents could - they are rather 'set in their ways'.

Though you're right that they would love Southwold.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:40 AM   #15
neilbaldry

Arh bugger! Sexing-ring GP this weekend! If I come out to play, it will have to be after the races......... Looks like it could be another wet race un'all!