UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Surrey » Summer Sunday Mornings (Surrey/Sussex)

Old 30-06-2008, 07:39 AM   #1
Mostro69

Summer Sunday Mornings (Surrey/Sussex)

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation: full-time work Mon-Fri, full-time Dad Sat-Sun, with very little spare time for biking.

I get 10 hours on the Monster during the week, but they're on congested London roads. I need a new routine that allows for a regular ride-out on good roads.

So here's my proposal: On fair-weather Sundays, a weekly early-morning group ride-out (possibly with breakfast included). I mean 7am to 10am (whereupon I can resume Dad duties).

I'm near the A316 and the A4 so can get out of the M25 radius pretty quickly for a central meeting point in Surrey/Sussex.

Anyone interested? Or is anyone doing this already that I can tag along to?

Sazza: Want to get involved?

------------------------------------------------------------

Cafe: Newlands Corner, GU4 8SE
Time: Sundays at 9am for breakfast, with earlier ride-out at 7:30am from same spot
Weather: Permitting

Mostro69
slob (tbc)
barbican (tbc)
walber-tone (tbc)
CK (tbc)
Gimley (tbc)
monstrocity

Last edited by Mostro69; 08-07-2008 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: Updated with details and interested people
Old 30-06-2008, 07:42 AM   #2
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I'd be up for this, have you got a meeting point (cafe preferred) in mind Oliver?
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2008, 07:45 AM   #3
Mostro69

Box Hill is first to spring to mind, but I don't know many alternatives... open to suggestions. Perhaps Guildford direction? Great rides further on to Petworth, then to Petersfield etc.
Old 30-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #4
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Does Sunday actually start that early??? I'd heard ugly rumours but didn't know it was really true
Old 30-06-2008, 06:29 PM   #5
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Does anyone know what time Riker's opens on a Sunday? Personally I much prefer Newland's Corner to Box Hill but that definitely doesn't open 'til 9:00.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #6
barbican

Will join in on Sundays when I can get a pass - - Prefer newlands as well but will join in whenever you are in striking distance of Chichester

This Sunday is Goodwood Breakfast Club (Open top cars) so will be going allong to that in the car, but up for the Sunday after
Old 30-06-2008, 11:20 PM   #7
ladybird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickj View Post
Does Sunday actually start that early??? I'd heard ugly rumours but didn't know it was really true
if you're doing it right, then that's when saturday ends as opposed to sunday begins
the only way you should see that time of day ever
Old 01-07-2008, 08:14 AM   #8
Mostro69

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
Does anyone know what time Riker's opens on a Sunday? Personally I much prefer Newland's Corner to Box Hill but that definitely doesn't open 'til 9:00.
Haven't been to Newlands before but Google tells me it's beautiful and that the cafe also opens at 9am.

That works for me, it'll take me about 45 minutes to get there, so my ride will start at 8am. 30 minutes of breakfast at 9am, followed by an hour or so of Surrey/Sussex B-roads will suit me fine.

See you there?

Mostro69
slob
barbican (but not this Sunday)
<your name here>

Last edited by Mostro69; 01-07-2008 at 09:03 AM..
Old 01-07-2008, 08:17 AM   #9
Mostro69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickj View Post
I can confirm it exists, in fact I discovered it very soon after my son was born a year ago. I have seen every one of them since then!
Old 01-07-2008, 08:17 AM   #10
Mostro69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybird View Post
if you're doing it right, then that's when saturday ends as opposed to sunday begins
the only way you should see that time of day ever
ah, those were the days!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:44 AM   #11
S4Rs-Tone

im up for that.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:59 AM   #12
Mostro69

Marvellous.

Cafe: Newlands Corner, GU4 8SE
Time: Sunday 9am
Weather: Permitting

Mostro69
slob
barbican (but not this Sunday)
walber-tone

Last edited by Mostro69; 01-07-2008 at 10:09 AM..
Old 01-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #13
banditloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostro69 View Post
So here's my proposal: On fair-weather Sundays, a weekly early-morning group ride-out (possibly with breakfast included). I mean 7am to 10am (whereupon I can resume Dad duties).

I'm near the A316 and the A4 so can get out of the M25 radius pretty quickly for a central meeting point in Surrey/Sussex.

Anyone interested? Or is anyone doing this already that I can tag along to?
I was thinking along the same lines after watching Top Gear on Sunday. I had put the mad dash at 4am on the bike to the coast or somewhere on hold for many months, as 1: I don't want to annoy the neighbours with the termis and 2: I'm usually just going to bed then!

Top plan

Just say sod to a route, point bike a direction and disappear off on an adventure
Old 01-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #14
Mostro69

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditloon View Post
Top plan
Is that you in this Sunday then, Mr. Loon? :-)
Old 01-07-2008, 11:12 AM   #15
banditloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostro69 View Post
Is that you in this Sunday then, Mr. Loon? :-)
Sunday I'm busy with the AOC

(as my mate asked "does this stand for Any Old Crap?" No Alfa Owners Club........ but could be the same)

But could be tempted AOC meet with a rather loud Monster...

Tags
summer sunday mornings