UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Multi Bike AND Multi Rider insurance ?

Old 11-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
MilesB

Question Multi Bike AND Multi Rider insurance ?

I'm looking to put my other half on my bike insurance as a named rider, so that she is covered fully comp to ride my machines. However, at the moment I have 2 bikes (OK bike and scooter) on the same insurance, and my Insurance company says "You can't have two riders on a multi bike policy" - apparently their main issue is "What if you had an accident where one of you crashed into the other" - I think they somehow object to loosing both ways.

The only option I'm aware of is to have two separate insurance covers - one for each machine - on which I can put two riders.

Any other options?

Miles
Old 11-02-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
JMo

I think that's right - the reason multi-bike policies are cheaper (than two seperate policies) is because they know you can only be riding one bike at a time - therefore base the price on the highest risk bike, the additional cost of the policy being the fire and theft element of the others presumably...

Of course I'm sure you know this already Miles, it was just info for other reading the thread really...

xxx

ps. Surely a seperate scooter policy can't be much money though? (although I know they are often considered a high theft risk, especially parked on street...)
Old 11-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #3
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I have a classic bike policy from Footman James through the VMCC with classic and modern bikes on it, and multiple riders.
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:57 PM   #4
Jim66a

I'm sure ebike do multi bike multi rider policies
Old 12-02-2008, 11:06 AM   #5
moor-ph0

ebike

Hi,
I have multibike policy with ebike. I'm also sure they offer a multirider policy. From what I remember you can add another rider online for say a rideout when you kindly allow a mate to drive one of your bikes and will be covered fully comp. On the other hand if someone asks you to ride their bike you need to go online and add the bike to the policy. A bit of a pain but I'm then covered fully comp for the mates bike.

Geoff