UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Had the spanners out.....

Old 13-12-2007, 09:11 AM   #1
Dave in USA

Exclamation Had the spanners out.....

As the bike was still stock...so I modified....

1st thing to go were the California required (till it leaves the showroom) reflectors on the sides of the down tube & rear fender, along with the seat strap.

Next, I painted the "Triumph" logo on the top clamp with a paint pen, it's embossed into the top & comes unpainted from the factory.

As there's no seat strap, there's no need for rear pegs either...so off they came too....Replaced with a stainless Allen bolt & flat washer...for now, as I have some flat headed bolts coming to replace the ones on here, making it smoother.

And last but not least, I painted the Triumph logo on the rear of the seat and added a little personalization in the form of a new number plate
Old 13-12-2007, 09:15 AM   #2
mad_turnips

she is realy nice
Old 13-12-2007, 09:18 AM   #3
Dave in USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_turnips View Post
she is realy nice

Thanks...But I still miss my Monster...a lot! But this is a nice bike too, and I really enjoy riding again.
Old 13-12-2007, 09:34 AM   #4
Scotty

ahh the years with colouring books pay's off

all in the little details, do you have more plans for it ?
Old 13-12-2007, 11:49 AM   #5
SEAGUL

that is a mighty fine bike you have there
Old 13-12-2007, 11:52 AM   #6
mad_turnips

Quote:
how does colouring book = that bike?
Old 13-12-2007, 12:11 PM   #7
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Wheeeeeee Turnip fancy not getting that one...Keeping between the lines is a bit of a clue LOL A scummer I'd expect not to get that as it is would be a bit subtle for them but someone from pompey!!! hehehehehehe
Old 13-12-2007, 12:15 PM   #8
mad_turnips

opps

ahhh completly missed the text inbetween

anyway oi im not proper pompy only been here bout 6 years .... oh dear maby its catching
Old 13-12-2007, 04:25 PM   #9
Dave in USA

Indeed....the steady hand helped (and the white spirit to remove the excess) and whats wrong with Pompey? My Uncle was born & bred there, he moved to Cosham tho....the posh part

Old 13-12-2007, 04:30 PM   #10
Dave in USA

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post

all in the little details, do you have more plans for it ?

Gonna remove the AI. Another CA required smog thing, if you look carefully at by the spark plugs, you'll see what looks like an extra pair of plugs, they inject air into the cylinder as the exhaust valve opens, therefore 'cleaning' the exhaust gases before they exit...all it really does is turn the downpipes blue!

After that, the cans are going, as it sounds like a Singer sewing machine, then the tail lamps are gonna be replaced with a proper Bonnie tail-lamp kit, as well as the turn signals...then there's the 904cc big bore kit, stage 3 heads & cams...
Old 13-12-2007, 05:23 PM   #11
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Is CA considering putting up high walls round the state border with fans to shove everyone elses crud back where it came from??
OMG!! You used white spirit without a permit or maKing an environmental impact assessment in triplicate, they'll be after you for that!!!
Oh did Southsea, Buckland, skipped Cosham and went for Purbrook. Quite liked Pompey
Old 13-12-2007, 08:48 PM   #12
Dave in USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickj View Post
Is CA considering putting up high walls round the state border with fans to shove everyone elses crud back where it came from??
OMG!! You used white spirit without a permit or maKing an environmental impact assessment in triplicate, they'll be after you for that!!!
Oh did Southsea, Buckland, skipped Cosham and went for Purbrook. Quite liked Pompey
I've also been known to fart without paperwork...
Old 14-12-2007, 08:16 AM   #13
mad_turnips

iv always thought southsea counts as portsmouth ( tecnically i live in southsea) where about in southsea did you live?