UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » Trackdays » DSC Cadwell Park - 2 Day Event 20/21 Aug - Ducatis wanted !!!

Old 08-08-2007, 09:07 AM   #1
iconic944ss

DSC Cadwell Park - 2 Day Event 20/21 Aug - Cheers!

Hello,

Frank calling in again; Terry has been kind enough to allow me to send an open invite to all users here who would like to attend the Ducati Sporting Clubs annual two day track fest at Cadwell Park.

Monday & Tuesday (20/21 August) - Monday is to be DUCATI's ONLY on track.

Tuesday is open to ANY make of Motorcycle, so other marques can come to play and owners with more than one machine can double their fun!

Ducati UK are to bring demo bikes that can be ridden on track, just as the recent UKMOC Mallory TD, the line up is expected to be:

1098, Hypermotard, S4R, GT1000, M695, Multistrada 1100 (but could be subject to availability)

Monday night - food will be available in the form of a 'hog-roast' that was superb last year; this year we have a huge Marquee as well to enjoy the food under - in case of inclement weather.

Free 1 to 1 instruction is available through out the event and if time and demand allows, free 'trackday taster sessions' will be run once during each day to allow total novices to try riding a track with very low numbers of riders present.

Costs:

DSC Members: £95 for a single day - £180 for both days.

DSC full one year membership can be had for £20

or

A two day membership is being offered to cover the full event for £5

(This requirement is mainly to cover insurance)

Hog-roast: £10

I'm there both days and look forward to being able to welcome any Ducati riders.

Trackday form is available from here:

DSC Cadwell Trackday application form

Cheers - Frank

Questions to:

webteam@ducatisportingclub.com

or visit

www.ducatisportingclub.com

Last edited by iconic944ss; 24-08-2007 at 09:35 AM..
Old 08-08-2007, 10:06 AM   #2
Gilps

For those of you who did the UKMOC track day and loved it, then this one is another must do event. I did my first ever track day last year with the UKMOC at Mallory and had such a good time, but still didn't fancy hooning around with loonies on Jap bikes. Thankfully whilst at Donny watching Zimbo crash in DD, CK and AK convinced me to do the DSC day at Cadwell. I'm so glad they did.
Cadwell is an awesome track. A little more challenging than Mallory but still great fun. The DSC lot are a friendly bunch. I was made to feel most welcome, particulalrly by CK&AK who took me under their wing and kept me entertained. You will be on track with fast bikes but they are riding at the same level as you as you are still grouped by level of ability. In fact I was passing sports bikes on my Monster.
The atmosphere is excellent. Arrive on the Sunday afternoon to camp overnight. It's what most people will be doing. There's stuff going on all evening, have a chat and a drink, admire the gorgeous Ducatis, and make new friends.
Monday is Ducatis only, on Tuesday ride what you like. The hog roast on the Monday evening is great value.
There should be a few familiar faces from the UKMOC too. I'm going, I think Zimbo is, I'm sure CK&AK will be there too. I know Slob was but I'm not sure now.
This really is a top day out and well worth the effort, so if you are looking for the next fun track day then this is it. Get it booked whilst there's still a few places left.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Sadly I've had to cancel this for obvious reasons, back for 2008 though.
This is the second best trackday of the year after ours.
Cadwell has huge elevation changes and is a lot of fun.
Last year three cones were laid out at every corner, for entry/apex/exit
this allows you to 'join the dots', you'll learn a lot about lines.
The second day is another bonus for learning, as you can apply all those things that have sunk in overnight.
Plus two of the instructors last year were CSS instructors.. Bonus!
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:35 PM   #4
slob

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconic944ss
...if time and demand allows, free 'trackday taster sessions' will be run once during each day to allow total novices to try riding a track with very low numbers of riders present.
There was a young lad there last year who went out with Monty 1 to 1, for his first time on track, in the Monday lunchtime taster session on his very bling VFR400 Sete/Moviestar rep. He was out all day in the novices Tuesday scraping his knee all over, I couldn't keep up with him. Talk about a natural.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:01 PM   #5
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
Sadly I'm too noisy for cadwell
Old 08-08-2007, 01:06 PM   #6
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Cheers for the nice comments Gilps - had we known what a monster (pun) that would be unleashed with you in the paddock and on track, we would have never kept up the good humour (cheers tho mate )

We wont be at Cadders this time - so hope you all have a great time

Jerry, its not as 'quiet' as you think - what does yours make at 5.200 rpm??
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:13 PM   #7
slob

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK & AK
Jerry, its not as 'quiet' as you think - what does yours make at 5.200 rpm??
doesn't make any difference, J never travels beyond the home counties if he can help it.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:35 PM   #8
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
doesn't make any difference, J never travels beyond the home counties if he can help it.
Steady - I did Mallory! I even went for a contract up in Leeds, but no local sushi - except kippers & chips - so I bailed

I have no idea what db the bike makes - it's just REALLY LOUD!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 01:39 PM   #9
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Well you nit jerry, dont make statement like that unless you KNOW what DBa it is - fool
Mine is 103 on the road at 5000 rpm, but can be brought down to 96 for track if necessary (tho am not doing any TD's on her at the mo.
The race bikes are 101 & 103 respectively, and can also be brought inside 95
get it checked - all ducati's without the std stealth pipes on are noisy
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:46 PM   #10
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Maybe I'll pop down to the pipe bloke and get it tested. I wanted some baffles made up anyway - the local rozzers seem to be taking an interest...
Old 08-08-2007, 01:49 PM   #11
Nim

if i had known about this yesterday, i would have waited before booking my brands day on tues 21st august!!!! which, by the way, is costing me the same for one day, as it would to do two days here.....AND i wanna take other ducatis around the track. im going to sulk now.....
Old 08-08-2007, 02:42 PM   #12
slob

I'm sure I mentioned it at the Royal Arms, although I was full of pills and you were a little over-excited. You're still outside 10 days, so you could probably get all but 15% back and do 2 days at Cadwell instead.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #13
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

I'll be there at Cadwell on the Monday. Did the two days last year, highly recommended.
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #14
Spike

Would love to do this but allready got tickets for the Levelers that weekend when's it being held next year
Old 08-08-2007, 04:00 PM   #15
slob

It was 3rd Mon/Tue in August last year too, so if I had to guess....