UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Cambridgeshire » All alone... and so new!

Old 12-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #1
Pixx

All alone... and so new!

Just joined, but dismayed to find apparently no one nearby! Cambridge? West Suffolk? North Essex? Wanting to meet other people with whom I don't work!
Just running in a new 695 after I wrote off the one I bought at Easter (careless). Would like to ride out out with others...
Old 12-06-2007, 07:19 PM   #2
Sparky

I'm not too far away from Cambridge (Chatteris) but I know what you mean about there not being many monnies around here. I would be interested in a ride out too.

Chris
Old 12-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #3
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
hi pixx, i.m just down the road near halstead, and I work in haverhill!
the is a meet every first thurs of the month at gt wratting of the DOCUK.
If your interested there is a run being orginized by the lads of the mid anglian doc this fri to the swan at yarmouth, meet at the A140/A143 roundabout/layby at 6.20, I should be there if I get back from the inlaws in croydon on time!
Cheers
james
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 08:01 AM   #4
squiffything

I'm in Ashley Nr Newmarket and there are one or two others around The Vtwin meet is coming up in July and the trackday is looming a few of us will be heading up for that. There is a meetup of bikes most Tuesday evenings at the Plummers Arms at Wickhambrook but its a general meet not just Dukes/Monsters shout if you wanna ride out anytime
Old 13-06-2007, 10:12 AM   #5
markus

Hello mate - I'm in milton keynes, but a wee ride - we have a meet with the beds guys every wednesday (tonight) at the white horse in husband crawley - nice ride if you fancy it - see thread http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=22050
for details - be good to see ya.

On top of that my brother lives in haverhill, maybe we could all hook up for a ride one eve
Old 13-06-2007, 12:52 PM   #6
dustybin

Hi Pixx,

I just down the road in Bishops Stortford. Admittedly I'm not out that often due to work commitments but hopefully all that is about to change so may see you around.
Old 13-06-2007, 07:09 PM   #7
benson

Hello - there are a fair few monsters around and just remember to check the area announcements and then even better - suggest a run and see who joins you!!!
Old 14-06-2007, 06:50 PM   #8
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
Pixx, i forgot to mention, you have one of the best pub meets around on your doorstep. Up the 134 or is it the 143 towards bury, the greyhound pub at wickhambrook, its a tiny place thats tough to find, but only a mile from the stradishal cafe. Tuesday nights bike night and its always a very mixed bunch but a good show. Nice grub too but get there early unless you want to wait til its gone dark before you eat.
Old 15-06-2007, 06:47 AM   #9
squiffything

I thought it was the Plummers Arms that they all met up at but I could be wrong. It would be a good central pub that we could make as our suffolk regular meeting point. Hows about once a month on a tuesday the roads around are pretty good especially the run through to Bury St Edmunds and its fairly central should the Norfolk crumblies or the london oldies wanna ride across
Old 15-06-2007, 06:56 AM   #10
Gadget
wtf...

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Cheek

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiffything View Post
london oldies

Careful or you may find a zimmerframe wedged up your exhaust.

Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2007, 08:45 AM   #11
squiffything

lol Ok sorry about that
Old 15-06-2007, 12:23 PM   #12
neilp

A Tuesday night meet would suit me fine, whens the next one?

er, meet not Tuesday
Old 15-06-2007, 02:03 PM   #13
squiffything

Well I suppose we should get a few of the East Anglian owners to say yay or nay and then go from there once a month once a fortnight heck once a week would be fine for me.

Oh and Parker you really shouldn't put your misses up as your Avitar or is that the remains of the dog after your boys fire bombing adventure
Old 15-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #14
Pixx

WOW! Contact!

Brilliant, guys, you've really cheered me up!
Sparky: yes I'm meeting the DOCGB lot at the comfort Cafe to go to the Meldreth bike show with them next Wednesday... can't make Yarmouth at short notice: see you at Grt Wratting in a couple of weeks, maybe?
Squiffything, I don't think the Plumbers is still functioning, I think it's an ex-pub. Markus, please let's ride out, if you're around Haverhole anyway.Never heard of HusbandsCrawley, except that mine was (EX- hahaha)
Dustybin, BishStortford's not that far, I'd certainly come down for a spin...
PD, thanks, dodn't know there was a greyhound in Wickhanbrook, but if there is it can't be too hard to find - must be off the 143.
Neil and Squiffy: yes, Tuesdays!!!!
Yey Yey Yey
Old 15-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #15
Chappers

Welcome

Drop Red and Bladerunner a PM as they don't surf the forum that much but will respond to a PM pretty quick, they live in Sawtry not far from Yaxley