UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » A weekend of changes

Old 19-05-2007, 10:17 AM   #1
Bodybag

A weekend of changes

Well, my bike ownership has changed rather drastically since Friday morning. I think I've had a moment of madness!!

SOLD:

He went on eBay yesterday for the full asking price. Please don't hate me. I'll be buying another Monster when funds allow a second bike again.

SOLD:

I couldn't help it!!

BOUGHT:

There were a couple of problems that came up with Jasmine (the 748S) that hadn't been brought to my attention when I bought her in March, and as the dealer was prepared to take her back for almost the same amount as I paid for her even though I'd done 2500 miles in that time, I traded her in yesterday afternoon for a 749S instead. Its a bigger bike with more adjustability (I'm 6'4" for those who haven't met me).

Anyway, although I'm no longer a Monster owner, I'll stay on the site and keep pestering people until I get another one.

Last edited by Bodybag; 19-05-2007 at 10:28 AM..
Old 19-05-2007, 10:46 AM   #2
Shandy

Cool

Nice, very nice indeed matey
Old 19-05-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
Bodybag

Thanks mate. As soon as I can afford it, I'll be buying another Monster.
Old 19-05-2007, 11:31 AM   #4
eonan

Actually, that is stunning!!! Seemingly an increadible bike to ride too. Nice one mate
Old 19-05-2007, 01:39 PM   #5
Bodybag

It is an awesome bike. I was really chuffed when I got the 748S at the beginning of March but the 749S is a whole different ball game. Its so much easier to ride than the 748S as to make the older bike show its age quite badly!!

The 748S is a superb bike in all respects (except size for me) but the 749S is the perfect Ducati for me at the moment.

As 4 Non Blondes once titled an album:

Bigger, Better, Faster, More!!
Old 19-05-2007, 02:24 PM   #6
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
What problems did you have with 748 then. The 749 is a good looking bike but I hate the exhaust system from the side. Its too long and doesn't suit. Stunning bike still. My dislikes are jealousy probs as I would own one LOL

Im probs looking to sell 748 as lack of use.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #7
barbican

Congrats - Fantastic machine
Old 19-05-2007, 10:40 PM   #8
Bodybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
What problems did you have with 748 then.
They were mainly to do with the dealer not being able to locate the service history and then not changing the belts during the pre-delivery service. It had also sprung the obligatory oil leak from the rear cylinder (perhaps its the way I ride em?) so it probably worked out cheaper for them to take it in again than to do the repair work!!

The 748 was a lovely bike but I wasn't prepared to throw all my hard earned at a bike with a missing history.

The new one worked out costing me an extra £800 as I lost a little bit on the 748 in trade-in plus the extra cost of the newer (FDSH) bike.
Old 21-05-2007, 07:18 AM   #9
Seb_uk
Bronze Member

Bike: M695
All change then...!

Very nice bike in the best colour too. Will have to keep my eye out for it in colchester!

Seb
Seb_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 08:31 AM   #10
Chappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebuk View Post
All change then...!

Very nice bike in the best colour too. Will have to keep my eye out for it in colchester!

Seb
I think you'll hear it before you see it
Old 21-05-2007, 08:35 AM   #11
Seb_uk
Bronze Member

Bike: M695
Probably!

Although I'm hoping when I get the termi's on my 695 I may feel a bit less jealous...!
Seb_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #12
Chappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebuk View Post
Probably!

Although I'm hoping when I get the termi's on my 695 I may feel a bit less jealous...!
Get Sils, they sound awesome and also fit lovely (if high) with the JMo tailchop kit
Old 21-05-2007, 10:06 AM   #13
benson

Lovely bike there Phil - congratulations and make sure you don't drop off the site in the meantime!!!
Old 21-05-2007, 11:00 AM   #14
Bodybag

Don't worry, I'll still be here pestering people.
Old 21-05-2007, 12:58 PM   #15
markus

I have a strange urge to ride over to colly again very soon - wierd.................

Jelous - not much!