UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Another (nearly) old boy

Old 18-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #1
Evo

Talking Another (nearly) old boy

Hi all,

Not quite 40 and still stupid, just about to get an 'old' M900 from my big bruvver, having owned and ridden (poorly but with a grin) a modified Kwaka Z750, a modified Kwak Zephyr 750 and currently a Katana 1100 with single sided VFR swing arm and GSXR upside down forks. I'm about to swap the Katana with an M900 - pic attached that my big bruvva (who is clever with a spanner and builds bikes from scratch) has done a cracking job with. Complete strip down, everything powder coated or polished, tea tray removed - and yes I have seen the thread about those, I'll just avoid wet days - and wider set of bars...

Very interested in the MOC track day if I can persuade my loving wife to let me out of the house...

I try to get to the Poole Quay Bike Nights every Tues over the summer, if you've not been before it's a good chance to gawk at several hundred standard (and not so standard) machines and have a pint while doing so...

I've posted a question about rev counters on the 'I want' forum if anyone can help me I'd appreciate it..

Cheers, and here's to a great summer of Monster related fun...

Evo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DUKE.JPG (25.8 KB, 69 views)
Old 18-04-2007, 06:00 PM   #2
Bodybag

Nice. Looks very sparkly in that picture. Is there room for any more bling?! Might be a good thing if there isn't cos the trackday will be the least of your worries if you get hold of a DP catalogue!!
Old 19-04-2007, 08:20 AM   #3
gremlin

Believe me you get more stupid after 40! Then you hit mid life crisis territory. I didn't start biking till I was 43, and now I've gone up to a 600. It's amazing how many people think you ought to know better but at least you started earlier. Enjoy the monster
Old 19-04-2007, 08:32 AM   #4
Evo

thanks, the DP catalogue looks like its for latest models only (and expensive so won't be going there!). The sparkly will soon wear of after one ride out in the wet, what with no tea tray and a small plate - I'm going to be spending a lot of time looking like a badger or scrubbing the crap off the back of my jacket and helmet...

Evo
Old 19-04-2007, 08:52 AM   #5
giler

Welcome Evo, nice looking 900.
Old 19-04-2007, 10:43 AM   #6
banditloon

Another 'old' 900

Welcome to the forum Evo. Hopefully I'll be getting down to Poole in the summer months