UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Gerry another new member

Old 15-04-2007, 11:09 AM   #1
sadbiker

Thumbs up Gerry another new member

Hi Gerry hope you lke the new monster. Glad to meet you at Riders on Saturday. So did it wash up well.

Don't forget 28th April at Gordano services for 09:00 for the ride in to the Bristol Italian Day.

Gilps another S2r800 to add to the Wiltershire collection.....
Old 15-04-2007, 01:29 PM   #2
COR

Talking

yes, welcome Gez, how was the ride home?

Enjoy
Old 16-04-2007, 11:45 AM   #3
Gerry
Bronze Member

Bike: S2r
Smile New Monster around

Hi sad .... Hi Cor ....

Hmmmmm .... because I've just got off the Pegaso it feels I bit strange at the mo. so forgotten how to ride sportier bikes.

I'm trying to counter steer it into every bend and it's basicaly saying ...."gerroff!!" ... wobble wobble ...... (Pegaso had big wheels so you had to steer it everywhere), I need to not hold onto the Duc so much, it seems to respond better if i relax grip when turning in. I would like slightly higher bars coz i want this as a fun bike, (no back ache) I know that this will mess up the steering but I want to give it a go. I've given up with the speed thing (exept roundabouts) .... ahemmm !!

It feels as if I'm perched right over the front.... and the fork dive is a bit much. I will sort it out as I like the bike ... nice and funky ... get's big thumbs up from mates. Nice to be back on the old Duc V-Twins .... for me there really is no better engine than V-Twin. Hey that starter is a funny old thing ain't it?

Bike is clean now .... but could be better .... by the way I never ride these things ... just clean 'em ... bit more acid required on the cat !!!! bit more gunk on engine .....

Yeah I will have a ride out to the Italian day ... cheers ....
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote