UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello Everyone :o)

Old 28-03-2007, 10:03 PM   #1
Pegleg Pete

Talking Hello Everyone :o)

My name is Pete!

As soon as I discovered I was expecting, I joined your lovely forum in anticipation!

My 2001 M600 Dark arrives this weekend!!! Woooooooooo.

I live in Hampshire, about 7 miles from Alton so I would love to hear from anyone in the area.

I'm only just doing my DAS this week, with my fingers crossed for Tuesday 3rd April when I have my test. If anyone else feels like crossing their fingers, or anything else, for me please feel free

And just so you know :P

As a kid I always loved cars - the classic sports and 80's wet dreams. I didn't even consider wanting a bike until I saw a Ducati Monster pull up outside the Barley Mow Pub in Tilford in 1995 when I was 15. It was the only bike I have ever wanted, although I can appreciate other bikes. I'm not sure what it is about them that appeal to me so much, and it wasnt until a few months ago that I put two and two together, and equalled me buying one. I always looked longingly on when I saw and heard them, but never imagining that I would ever ride one. So when I put a deposit down on my Monster at the beginning of the month, I did it without even having ever sat on one. I already know that I have made the right decision, and so my exctiement builds as the weekend approaches far too slowly!

Did I already say woooohooo?

Oh, and just for the record, I've never used a piglet before so for my first ever post, I shall use one. Just because
Old 28-03-2007, 10:29 PM   #2
walkingpictures
preneolithic frebie

Bike: S4Rs
Welcome to the asylum Pete you'll find a great bunch of people on here and I know there are a lot of Monster owners down your neck of the woods,they will get in touch with you for sure.

Regards from Kimbo in Cambridge
walkingpictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 10:32 PM   #3
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Hi Pete - welcome.
You can't live very far from me - 4 miles west of Alton!
Good Luck with your DAS - where are you doing that?
Fingers crossed for next Tuesday.

Anne x
Old 28-03-2007, 10:41 PM   #4
Pegleg Pete

Thanks for saying hello so quickly Kimbo and Anne I've noticed everyone here sounds really friendly which is so nice because I hope to make some new buddies whilst enjoying being out and about because none of my closest friends ride!

I dont live far from you Anne! Takes me all of 7 minutes to get into Alton from the other side of Kingsley. Doing my test in Farnborough and heading over there tomorrow on a Kawasaki ER500 to do a bit of practice! :P
Old 28-03-2007, 10:44 PM   #5
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Hola!

Also here in hants, down by the coast (ish)! Look forward to seeing you about, keep an eye on Hants section for ride out info!

Ped
Old 29-03-2007, 02:43 PM   #6
Pegleg Pete

Hi Ped,

Thanks :P I'll definately be looking for a hampshire gathering asap. Hope to meet you there and anyone else
Old 29-03-2007, 02:48 PM   #7
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Good luck for your test Pete

Hope you are sucessful - cos then you can meet up with the other monsterers in your patch for the ride to Goodwood on Sunday - you'd really get to know your bike by the time you got home!

All the best,

Charlotte from Woking
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2007, 03:35 PM   #8
yeharrr

Hi Pete, Good luck and fingers crossed. I have just bought a Monster. Went out to buy something else, but saw a nice one and ended up buying that. I am no stranger to bikes and have had all sorts from crossers to super sports to Harley to V. max. I am already finding the Monster great fun! And I am sure you will too. I don't live anywhere near you, so no joy there, but I think there are quite a few who do. Hope to see you about on the forum.
Enjoy
Jamie (YEHARRR)
Old 29-03-2007, 03:50 PM   #9
johnnystorm

What impeccable taste in motorcycles you have!
Old 29-03-2007, 04:30 PM   #10
Netty

Good luck with your test

Netty
Old 29-03-2007, 05:20 PM   #11
gremlin

Good luck on DAS, got mine soon too, ER5s seem to be the bike everyone uses! Don't know about the one you're using, but mine isn't as comfy as my monnie, and it's heavier. You'll sail through with the incentive of a monster at the end of it. All those summer ride outs with the chaps and chappesses from here will be enough to get you going.
Old 29-03-2007, 06:57 PM   #12
Pegleg Pete

Still more lovely welcomings - Aren't you all just the friendliest bunch of Monsterereres!

Thanks for your support for the test. Im actually looking forward to it

The Kawasaki ER500 that I'm on isn't too bad, but I think you are right in saying that its a tad heavier than the m600. Its easy enough to handle though. I was out yesterday in the most glorious springy sunshine and was far too hot in all my leathers, whereas today it rained nearly all day and the windchill was farkin ridiculous so I shivered my way around Farnborough! Still good fun and the heated grips saved me from forgettting how to use my fingers, and stopping in tesco's for a steaming cup of (strangely grey coloured) Tea and a plate of Sausages, Chips and Beans definately helped :P

Unfortunately my test isn't until Tuesday 3rd so wont be able to join this weekends jaunt to Goodwood I wish you hadnt have mentioned that Charlotte!! Now I'm truly gutted as I cancelled my test this Friday to give me a bit more time to prepare, and that would have been such a brilliant first days outing. Grrrr :P

Incidentally, how do I change my location to something other than Smegsville?! Ive looked all through my profile thingy but I cant see it anywhere. And can everyone see my pic apart from me? Im sure I uploaded it properly.....

Anyone else in Hampshire around during the evenings next week to go for a ride? Provided I pass of course
Old 29-03-2007, 07:09 PM   #13
slob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegleg Pete
Incidentally, how do I change my location to something other than Smegsville?! Ive looked all through my profile thingy but I cant see it anywhere.
You'll have to PM a rep or Fatbloke and request the change, I believe it's locked because people kept putting in mickey locations, like... erm "Smegsville".

ps. No, can't see your avatar.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2007, 07:11 PM   #14
slob

oh, and welcome to the club Pete.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2007, 07:38 PM   #15
Pegleg Pete

Thanks Rob for your help.

And for welcoming me :P