UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Thanks for the welcome!!

Old 28-03-2007, 08:11 PM   #1
ex748

Smile Thanks for the welcome!!

I have just bought a 2004 S4r in red after going into my local dealer with a view to perhaps trading in my 748 for something a little less "head down-a**e up". I initially went into same shop a couple of years age with a view to getting a Monster back then but came away with the 748, which by the way has been a riot!
As i said i took this S4r out at lunchtime today in a very warm sunny day here in Aberdeen (does this sound right??)
I was instantly at ease as the bits all seemed familiar but the more upright position was a revelation. A mixed 15 mile test ride and i was back at the dealers, in the meantime they had given mine the once over and offered me a decent price. Given that mine needed a belt change/service,MOT, chain/sprockets, back tyre it was eagerly (but not shown) accepted and i pick up the Monster next Thursday. I have not told the other half yet but she tends not to get too bothered as long as it's my money and not robbing the house fund.
I have finally got a Monster after seeing them when they first came out back in the nineties.
I work in the oil industry here in Aberdeen as an Instrument Engineer for one of the big oil companies. Used to work offshore but office based now and Aberdeen traffic is a nightmare, hence the bike.
Old 28-03-2007, 08:42 PM   #2
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
I have a 2004 red S4R and I love it! In Yorkshire but not as far north as you.

Welcome!
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 08:53 PM   #3
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
A big welcome
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 08:55 PM   #4
Shandy

Cool

Welcome to the club

Have fun while the weather lasts!!!!

Cheers,

Shandy
Old 28-03-2007, 10:29 PM   #5
Scotty

see now r kid sister was considering a scooter for getting to the other side of Aberdeen in rush hour , is it realy that bad ?

ps any jobs going offshore ?