UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » Canary Wharf, Yellow Tank, Black Frame

Old 16-03-2007, 08:45 AM   #1
Mostro69

Canary Wharf, Yellow Tank, Black Frame

Is that your Monster in Cabot Sq underground parking?
Old 16-03-2007, 09:23 AM   #2
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
You commute from Richmond to the Wharf every day ?
Heck of a long run through town.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
Mostro69

Yeah, was thinking of starting a thread of record commute times for various peeps' commutes. Thing is, by train/tube it's around an hour door-to-door, but on the bike it's 40 mins on average, 30 mins on a clear run with no traffic and good weather. Have been doing it since Oct last year and it's been a great way to learn the London roads too.
Old 16-03-2007, 09:58 AM   #4
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostro69 View Post
Yeah, was thinking of starting a thread of record commute times for various peeps' commutes. Thing is, by train/tube it's around an hour door-to-door, but on the bike it's 40 mins on average, 30 mins on a clear run with no traffic and good weather. Have been doing it since Oct last year and it's been a great way to learn the London roads too.
That's the duff way (I used to do Greenford-Canary Wharf-Greenford) You get the Sun in your eyes both ways.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 11:27 AM   #5
banditloon

Quote:
25 minutes from sunny Esher to EC1 on my Bandit 6 Not sure if the record still stands at Wey Group couriers, but the controllers couldn't believe I did it that quick
Old 16-03-2007, 11:33 AM   #6
Mostro69

Not bad... do you have a Squashed Granny record that co-incides with that one by any chance?
Old 16-03-2007, 12:39 PM   #7
banditloon

Quote:
Not bad... do you have a Squashed Granny record that co-incides with that one by any chance?
I only ever got squashed by a white van.. Well the van sort of bounced off the Bridgestone tyre on the front of my Bandit!

I did have a 'Disappearing Granny' moment, on the Cromwell Road back in my courier days Damn tourists, looking the wrong way before crossing the road. She stood right in the middle of the road, no way I could've stopped the Bandit (crap Nissin brakes!), and she disappeared...... As I looked in my mirror, someone had grabbed her coat and hoiked her out of the road!!

Last edited by banditloon; 16-03-2007 at 12:44 PM..