UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi MOC'ers

Old 21-02-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
Humbucker

Hi MOC'ers

Well after two years away from bikes i decided the time and finances were right to get on two wheels once again. After test riding the Fazer, GSR, and a Harley Sporster (which was way too slow) i was stumped as to what to get.

I was then flicking through GQ magazine in the salon where my missus worked last october while waiting for her to finish work and i start reading an article on the top 10 boys toys we should all own and there sitting proudly at number 4 was the Monster. A bike i have always loved but had never looked into owning one due to what i thought was an excessive price tag. However as i read down i notice these magic letters and numbers of RRP £5000. Well that was it i'm getting one, never did i realise they were so cheap......but insurance? i Was sure that would be the problem. After phoning around i couldnt believe it. Ducati insurance had just made my day.
Motorline in Asford gave me a great deal, however due to a large batch of 1098's coming into the country my choice of Black and red Paint would mean a delay and me not getting my hands onto the bike till february.

But it is now tucked up in my garage 200 miles on the clock and still to go past the 5000 rpm running in period and i love it.

So after a long wait of 10 years to finally own a Duke i have one and i'm pleased to be one of you.
Old 21-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #2
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
woooohoooo

welcome
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 03:51 PM   #3
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Welcome too. Just managed to pass the 600 mile marker and the joy of going to 7,000 revs vs the 6,000 I was told to limit it at, is great fun.
Hope to see you around later this year.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 04:13 PM   #4
Humbucker

Thanks guys, hope to see you on a ride out soon. A bit of question though. Due you find that on your Monster that you have to use first gear for other than pulling away, for example when slowing in town any thing below 10 mph downshift to first. As i've only ever ridden 4 cylinder machines before i've never had to do it, but on the monster the bike doesn't like 2nd gear at all below 10 mph
Old 21-02-2007, 04:15 PM   #5
GULLY

Hello and welcome
That is one long whate for a monster,but i know what it,s like

is that Hornchurch in Essex?
I live there for 15 years,

gully
Old 21-02-2007, 04:27 PM   #6
Humbucker

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GULLY View Post
Hello and welcome
That is one long whate for a monster,but i know what it,s like

is that Hornchurch in Essex?
I live there for 15 years,

gully
Yep Sunny Hornchurch Essex, who now get woken up with me and my pride a joy flying down the Ardleigh Green Rd.
Old 21-02-2007, 04:33 PM   #7
GULLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbucker View Post
Yep Sunny Hornchurch Essex, who now get woken up with me and my pride a joy flying down the Ardleigh Green Rd.
I have not bean to Hornchuch for years
is Hollywoods still going and is the ice ring still going in Romford

it has bean a long time
happy day

gully
Old 21-02-2007, 04:40 PM   #8
Humbucker

Hollywoods was knocked down last year, but Romford is full of bars and clubs now, but i dont venture out much there too much at weekends as there is always some sort of trouble.
Old 21-02-2007, 04:53 PM   #9
GULLY

Thanks for that .I am looking fwd to meeting up some time soon on a ride out
or down the cafe
I do not mind meet up so you can follow me down to the cafe
when it is go for you

gully
Old 21-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #10
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Ah, Hollywoods, those younger years.
And yes mate you're right about the slow speed needing first gear. Lots of the guys tell me that first gear high reves is never a problem, once you've run it in, so in slow traffic just leave it in first.
It took some getting used to for me, but now just normal.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 05:04 PM   #11
Humbucker

Thanks JP / Gully. Maybe we can go down the Ace and maybe grab a pint. Most of my mates prefer four wheels so be good to meet up with some fellow Bikers.
Old 21-02-2007, 05:21 PM   #12
GULLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbucker View Post
Thanks JP / Gully. Maybe we can go down the Ace and maybe grab a pint. Most of my mates prefer four wheels so be good to meet up with some fellow Bikers.
Did you say pub count me in for that
Old 21-02-2007, 06:11 PM   #13
lcjohnny

welcome

Welcome Humbucket!!
Old 21-02-2007, 06:31 PM   #14
Gadget
wtf...

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Hi

Welcome,

Probably see you around. Kent and London/Essex have lots of things on the radar. Gonna make this a busy biking year. If you like food on your trips this is the place to be. Kent have the doughnut run in the summer and the Sandcastle competition, with icecreams and cream teas onthe way and Fish and chip dinner whilst there. There is also a trip to Belgium in the offing. Benson (Essex rep) loves chips with everything. They are riding this weekend. I can't go this week as I have to work.

Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote