UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi

Old 18-02-2007, 08:20 PM   #1
shrimpling69

Wink Hi

Shrimp here! Excitedly awaiting the delivery of my new baby on 1st March - my lovely new 695. Am scaring myself how quickly I've fallen into the 'must have lots of Ducati clothing etc etc' - costing me a bloody fortune - soon I reckon I'll have spent more money on the bling than on the bike!
Somehow it wasn't the same with my Fazer (was a great first bike - but it just doesn't have that stomach flipping thing that the Monster does right??)
sorry, getting a bit carried away with the Smilies ... thanks for listening to the ramblings of a mad woman on a Sunday night ...
Old 18-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #2
scrumpster

Welcome to the club and don't worry you aren't the only mad woman around, a few more will be along later no doubt. Most of the men are barking as well Enjoy the 695!!
Old 18-02-2007, 08:26 PM   #3
shrimpling69

Cheers

Thanks very much - can't believe only been here few hours and already planning on over-riding Top Gear studio - mad!! - God - it's great being back on the petrolhead circuit - it's just like my vee-dub aircooled days, just with 2-wheels ;-)
Old 18-02-2007, 08:33 PM   #4
Jim66a

Hi, Bet you can't wait for your 695. Hope this sunshine is here to stay
Old 18-02-2007, 08:36 PM   #5
Pugi

Welcome to the club! Don't use all your money on clothing bling - when the bike arrives you'll be longing for bike bling. Now, that's expensive.
Do join the over-riding of the studio, sounds like the right thing to do in my ears. Come to think of it...I think they're located just around the corner from me. Remember someone saying that they film it in Guildford.
See you when the sun comes out!
Old 18-02-2007, 11:25 PM   #6
lcjohnny

Welcome shrimpling
Only recently become a ducasti myself but already taken the bike off the road for cosmetic reasons!!!!!!!!!!!

never too late to become a poseur (failed)

Jon
Old 19-02-2007, 10:53 AM   #7
Martin C
Bronze Member

Bike: M900
Hi & welcome,

Bring it along to The Vic Bikers Pub at Coalville on a Thursday nite when the weather's a bit warmer!
Old 19-02-2007, 01:04 PM   #8
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Welcome Shrimplig. Don't worry, the 1st of March isn't that far away.
And having just done 600 miles & first service on my 695, it can be a little frustrating holding yourself back all the time.
What colour have you ordered ?

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 01:38 PM   #9
Bodybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin C View Post
Hi & welcome,

Bring it along to The Vic Bikers Pub at Coalville on a Thursday nite when the weather's a bit warmer!
Don't forget the Six Hills runs too.
Old 19-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #10
gremlin

Cheeky git, mad women indeed!!! Probably right though you have to be mad to be a woman in a male biker world, all that testosterone buzzing around. Have fun with the bike. Used to have a Vee dub camper, bloody thing broke down everywhere, just hoping my monster is more reliable, at least you have somewhere to make a brew while waiting for the AA though. Everyone is really friendly on here and there are a few of us ladies to chat to about girly things, maybe not!
Old 20-02-2007, 10:06 PM   #11
shrimpling69

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P View Post
Welcome Shrimplig. Don't worry, the 1st of March isn't that far away.
And having just done 600 miles & first service on my 695, it can be a little frustrating holding yourself back all the time.
What colour have you ordered ?
Hiya,

Black is the colour for me! How about you? Wanted to pick a really cool registration but out of a choice of about 50 everything began with E so ended up with EET (First initial is F so figured 'FEET' was remotely amusing!!)
Old 20-02-2007, 10:41 PM   #12
Bodybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpling69 View Post
Hiya,

Black is the colour for me! How about you? Wanted to pick a really cool registration but out of a choice of about 50 everything began with E so ended up with EET (First initial is F so figured 'FEET' was remotely amusing!!)
Being an Italian bike I suspect you'll be shouting "F**K EET" a lot at the bike so probably a very apt registration.
Old 22-02-2007, 08:54 PM   #13
shrimpling69

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
Cheeky git, mad women indeed!!! Probably right though you have to be mad to be a woman in a male biker world, all that testosterone buzzing around. Have fun with the bike. Used to have a Vee dub camper, bloody thing broke down everywhere, just hoping my monster is more reliable, at least you have somewhere to make a brew while waiting for the AA though. Everyone is really friendly on here and there are a few of us ladies to chat to about girly things, maybe not!
Cool - thanks for that!! Yeah I know what you mean with the Camper, I've had several air-cooled & spent many a 'happy' hour on the side of the road, it's a long LONG way to Cornwall in a bug!! Really excited now - only 1 week to go
Old 22-02-2007, 08:57 PM   #14
shrimpling69

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybag View Post
Being an Italian bike I suspect you'll be shouting "F**K EET" a lot at the bike so probably a very apt registration.
That's hilarious - that didn't even occur to me (bless). Do you think I had a Septic Peg premonition???