UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi all

Old 27-01-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
DukeChick620

Smile Hi all

Hi all, just though i would introduce myself, i am a 20 year old female who has just bought a 2002 monster 620 dark, matt black. just thought i would ask a few questions. Does anyone now where i can get a restrictor kit and a lowering kit for the bike as i am a short ar** and can barely touch the floor if you could get in contact and let me no , it would be much appreciated. hope to here from you soon
Old 27-01-2007, 11:25 PM   #2
manwithredbike
aka Phil

Bike: M900
hi there. welcome along. nice choice of bike (except for the colour which should really be red why the restriction?? some on here have done seat mods to get their feet closer to the ground. try a search, i'm sure both subjects have been covered here.
manwithredbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2007, 12:18 AM   #3
DukeChick620

Cheers for the advice i really am useless with navigating around forums. Needs to be restricted coz im still on a restricted licence for another year and a half yet, although I may just re-take a das test next month when I turn 21!!!
Old 28-01-2007, 12:18 AM   #4
crust
rattles when he walks

Bike: M900
hi, welcome to the club.

another monster in Reading, nice one

no idea about your questions though, sorry

You could try Snells the Ducati dealer in Alton

or MTC in the Oxford Road might be able to help you.

Crust
crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2007, 09:12 AM   #5
Scotty

if its only a month then you would be better waiting and doing the DAS , rather than faffing about with restrictors, and besides its crap rideing weather , your not missing much

threes a search box up the top there somewhere theres plent vretically challanged people on here who have made/discussed a few mods

droping yokes down the fork's , a shorter/adjustable rear ride height rod (if thats what its called) , resculpted seats can be made , and best of all high heals
Old 28-01-2007, 09:21 AM   #6
squiffything

Scotty you've been told before about your high heel fetish!!

welcome to the club from another shortie Jaq. and take no notice of those red monsters they are all flash the black one is the choice for real monsters
Old 28-01-2007, 09:46 AM   #7
dlloyduk

Seat probably the best bet.
Please dont do what one SA bloke did where I go.
He Rides a Honda Pan and is an advanced instructer-Had two pairs of extra thick soles glued on to his boots! No really-I did not believe it until I saw it with my own eyes.
Rides up looking like a fluro copper and gets of looking like Ziggy Stardust! The brunt of many a P***s take.
Old 28-01-2007, 10:06 AM   #8
DukeChick620

Question hey all

hey all thanks for your help with my vertically challenged problems. as for riding weather you should enjoy riding all year round whether its raining or not, plus today is an absolutely perfect day shame i don't have my bike yet, where would anyone suggest doing your das test. i did my last test with lighteneing would ou recomend i go back to them. ty for you help J
Old 28-01-2007, 12:40 PM   #9
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Hi and welcome to the UKMOC

You can get bolt on restrictor kits for carbed monsters, but not sure how they do this on the injected models? As Crust said I'd contact a few local dealers about supply and fitting, or as you mentioned wait until you can do a DAS and ride the bike un-restricted?

You can get a lowered seat as an aftermarket add-on for later monsters, or modify the existing one and get it re-covered, and as Scotty said there's some scope to drop the suspension back & front too. Should be possible to drop an inch off the seat height, but any more than that may restrict ground clearance on corners.

Last edited by gary tompkins; 28-01-2007 at 12:43 PM..
gary tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2007, 01:31 PM   #10
bod

Welcome

Think the restrictor kit on the fuel injected models is done by limiting the opening of the throttle on the bar,or so I have read somewhere.

As for being a short ar*e(sorry vertically chalanged) try letting some air out of the tyres about 20PSI that should give you a couple of extra inches, as it were

Last edited by bod; 28-01-2007 at 01:33 PM..
Old 28-01-2007, 09:00 PM   #11
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
For the shorter of leg...

1. Get the stock seat reshaped to take a little height out
2. Drop the yokes down the forks a little - warning, this will speed up the steering!
3. Take a box with you to stand on...

Welcome to the club, great choice of bike! Just watch out for the Berks rep (Mr Crust) especially if your eating....
Old 28-01-2007, 09:08 PM   #12
Shandy

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
For the shorter of leg...

1. Get the stock seat reshaped to take a little height out
2. Drop the yokes down the forks a little - warning, this will speed up the steering!
3. Take a box with you to stand on...
or,

4. Tie blocks of wood to your feet

sorry couldn't help myself, not a problem i suffer with if anything im to tall

Welcome to the club by the way

Cheers,

Shandy
Old 28-01-2007, 09:39 PM   #13
benson

Hi hon - don't do the restrictor thingy - wait for that extra month and spend the money on getting the ride height sorted - Daytona boots will certainly add you a little bit of height - they're bloomin good and the goretex does exactly what it says on the tin!!!

In reading you're not that far from Dave Woods in Aylesbury (well - not really really far!!!) and he can sort you out no worries with the height options - MCN also have upholsterers listed who can do the seat mod for you.

Happy riding and best of luck for the test whichever one you choose!!!
Old 28-01-2007, 10:14 PM   #14
DukeChick620

Cheers all, my hubby says he will have a go at shaving the seat. Not a problem for him though as he's 6'4. If he buggers up the seat (which he wont) ive found a nice seat at corbin. Yeah definately tempted to do my DAS. Although I wonder if they would have one short enough for me lol. Also strangely nervous about doing my test again.
Old 29-01-2007, 12:57 PM   #15
scrumpster

I have built up boots, Melnie Mouse recommended them and though they aren't cheap they are bl**dy good but I'm having a senior moment and can't remember the make, erm german, erm now it's doing my head in, oh to grow old!!! Anyway welcome to the club and I'm sure someone will save me with the answer soon!!!