UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Fuels & Oils » Reserve

Old 11-09-2006, 08:49 AM   #1
bulldog

Reserve

Hello again. Anyone know how many miles you can go once the fuel light comes on or is it best to fill up before it does. Nearest garage to me is 15 miles away.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:24 AM   #2
nik_the_brief

You should certainly get more than 15 miles - I've got to about 30 miles on the reserve light before filling up but I was practically running on fumes when I pulled into the filling station. HTH.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:38 AM   #3
Melnie Mouse

I can get 140-150 miles on mine before light comes on, and my house is 15 miles away from work, and i just get fuel when i get back, always been ok.

think longest i've been in the 'orange' is 25 miles but i was panicking a bit... i always like to fill up before 20 miles in the orange. and always re-set your trip everytime you get fuel, then you can guage when you're next due!
Old 11-09-2006, 09:32 PM   #4
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
I would say 20 miles on reserve with a 900ie is usually safe, but 25-30 is pushing your luck a bit. I ran dry on the trike at 21 miles but it was running very rich at the time - thank god for the RAC

Get about 150 miles to reserve on solo & 135 miles on trike
Old 22-09-2006, 12:06 AM   #5
lcjohnny

to the nearest garage

After main tank runs out?.....You can go miles..... miles & miles... miles & miles & miles ...... IMHO it all depends how far you can push the bike before you run out of food.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:24 PM   #6
Darry

On my recent trip to France, I almost ran out of Petrol and rolled into the 'Station Service' on fumes...

I got a wapping 167miles out of the tank. Never been that good, was on mainly Main roads and Motorway though, she's used to Town Traffic.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:54 PM   #7
nik_the_brief

Feck - 141 miles on mine today and ran out of fuel - had to push the bugger a mile and a half to the petrol station. Fortunately it was downhill all the way...