UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Kent » For the Benefit of Mr Didge...

Old 01-08-2006, 09:39 AM   #1
MilesB

For the Benefit of Mr Didge...

OK - 1st Sunday of the Month coming up, again...
(Is it me, or do they seem to be coming 'thick & fast' at the mo?)

Oakdene Cafe, 10am onwards - Breakfast.

So, for the benefit of certain Grumpy old men http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=18644
who's gonna be there, apart from me?
(No Susan - she's mucking about in boats again).

Miles
Old 01-08-2006, 10:14 AM   #2
Manda

Oh why does everything come at once! Ive got the world super bikes at Brands on Sunday to go and watch Toseland win, and theres the Streetfighters day at Ace which was wicked last year, loadsa burnouts, rubber flying everywhere, until the plod turned up, and NOW you want to meet at Oakdene! I want to do all of it! Oh and the bike goes in for a service this Saturday for a week at Protwins (pocket hoovers)
Old 01-08-2006, 11:05 AM   #3
MilesB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda
Oh and the bike goes in for a service this Saturday for a week at Protwins (pocket hoovers)
Hehe - not heard that phrase before, but it is very apt. They do a good job, and I think it is money well spent... BUT at the moment I can't afford them.

Don't worry about not coming -it's not compulsory. I seem to remember that both Gully and Albie will be going to Brands for WSB, so keep an eye out for them

Miles
Old 02-08-2006, 08:08 PM   #4
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Well you may be on your own at this rate. I and Caroline and Gully and aha Manda are all going to WSB to watch madmen go round in big circles. Bob is going on a run too somewhere near Brixton I think.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #5
MilesB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie
Well you may be on your own at this rate.
Quality NOT quantity
Old 02-08-2006, 09:33 PM   #6
GULLY

Hi Guys
sorry but i am at brands on sunday

see you soon
gully
Old 03-08-2006, 11:52 AM   #7
scrapps

Hi all i am going to streetfigthers so no oak for me
Old 03-08-2006, 12:19 PM   #8
alan c
alan (blockhead) c

Bike: M1100
Talking

at brands also on sunday
alan c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:26 PM   #9
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Not sure I can make it now - forgot we have a 40th birthday party to attend at mid-day. Might try to make the big DSC meet at Popham airfield later in the month though
Old 03-08-2006, 07:49 PM   #10
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Popham

Gary, the Popham 'do' unfortunately has collided with the DSC trackday. (the Popham event is organised by the airfield owner, and the DSC fit in) and dates were set for both back in the winter
Most of the active trackdaying DSC'ers will be heading north during the Sun afternoon for the 2 dayer at Cadwell starting on the Monday.
I have heard that the 888 owners are trying to make this a meet for them, and that there will be some DSC members there, but not anywhere near the numbers that there have been in the last 3 or 4 years or so.

Snells will be at Popham tho, and D1ck at the airfield is still confident that there will still be a large number of other bikes as usual there tho - the marquees are booked by various clubs again just be a few less DSC'ers than normal tho.

Next year, there is to be more diary planning, and then we can go back to camping for the w/end at Popham

Last edited by CK & AK; 03-08-2006 at 07:52 PM..
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:00 PM   #11
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Thanks for the tip off CK.

May wait to see how many other UKMOCers are up for it first.

If it's a drastically smaller do this year may give it a miss?
Old 03-08-2006, 08:58 PM   #12
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK & AK
Gary, the Popham 'do' unfortunately has collided with the DSC trackday. (the Popham event is organised by the airfield owner, and the DSC fit in) and dates were set for both back in the winter
Most of the active trackdaying DSC'ers will be heading north during the Sun afternoon for the 2 dayer at Cadwell starting on the Monday.
I have heard that the 888 owners are trying to make this a meet for them, and that there will be some DSC members there, but not anywhere near the numbers that there have been in the last 3 or 4 years or so.

Snells will be at Popham tho, and D1ck at the airfield is still confident that there will still be a large number of other bikes as usual there tho - the marquees are booked by various clubs again just be a few less DSC'ers than normal tho.

Next year, there is to be more diary planning, and then we can go back to camping for the w/end at Popham
I cant make popham as wil be in tenerife for 2 weeks. Looking at a 748 at weekend. oooohh ermmmmm.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:29 PM   #13
MilesB

Bugger this for a game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesB
Quality NOT quantity
There being such a thing as 'too much quality' I will probably do my own thing and head off into the wide blue yonder
"Go West young man..."

So no complaints if you turn up and no-one else is there .
Old 05-08-2006, 08:27 PM   #14
Lady-Bob

Change of plan for me.

Me, Strumpet and Bumble will be at Oakdene for brekkie.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:41 PM   #15
nik_the_brief

Was going to come, to pay my subs for paintballing and to hand over that Twinki to Bob but sadly my Monnie's off the road (til Tuesday) awaiting a new Pirelli Diablo for the front.

PM me your address please Bob and I'll post you a cheque (and will bring the long promised Twinki when I know I'll next see ya!).