UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Insurance renewal - bargain?

Old 16-05-2006, 07:33 PM   #1
BabyDriver

Smile Insurance renewal - bargain?

Just had my renewal quote through for my M900 - £115 inc legal protection (4 yrs NCB). Direct Choice - Chaucer Insurance but no mods allowed - even cans. So my nice carbon remus cans stay in the garage... unless you know of anyone who might offer a better deal with the cans?
Old 16-05-2006, 07:48 PM   #2
smiffyuk

ebikeinsurance !! mods allowed plus free breakdown cover !!!!!!!!!
Old 16-05-2006, 10:19 PM   #3
Bodybag

Carole Nash

With free (and very good) full European breakdown cover.
Old 17-05-2006, 06:43 AM   #4
dazzi-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffyuk
ebikeinsurance !! mods allowed plus free breakdown cover !!!!!!!!!
Ebike were the only company to give me a decent quote this year with the mods on the bike.
C Nash (whom I was with last year) were £100 dearer with the quote plus £100 more with the excess. They are very quick to slap you with a £17 administration fee every time you make a change to your policy. I also had another issue with them and was given a bill for a further £55 due to their misleading wording when I took the policy out (but that's another story)
Old 17-05-2006, 07:56 AM   #5
boris
More Tools!

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Good Deals

Both the wifey and I (different bikes) are insured through e-bike, second year now. The quotes and cover they offered couldn't be touched by so-called 'Best deal' companies..
Old 25-05-2006, 01:41 PM   #6
smiffyuk

see my post about ebike - i take back all i ever said
Old 25-05-2006, 01:47 PM   #7
Chappers

Ducati Insurance were the best for me but I'm a newish rider, only have 1yrs NC's, got 2 SP30's and 1 SP50 and disqualification - everywhere else wanted at least an extra £400!!!!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:42 PM   #8
xjrjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzi-b
Ebike were the only company to give me a decent quote this year with the mods on the bike.
C Nash (whom I was with last year) were £100 dearer with the quote plus £100 more with the excess. They are very quick to slap you with a £17 administration fee every time you make a change to your policy. I also had another issue with them and was given a bill for a further £55 due to their misleading wording when I took the policy out (but that's another story)
Isnt the excess around £450 tho?
John