UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Dorset » Well I never....

Old 08-05-2006, 04:14 PM   #1
Matt Black

Well I never....

....did get round to organising any events so far. Sorry about that Dorseteers.

Given that I was willing but, as it turns out, am unable to represent at an acceptable level, I am turning the Dorset section into a headless democracy for now.

Following a bit of research and some emails, I had a positive response from what can only be described as 'several people'

My conclusion is that we are few in number but spread far and wide. In fact if we were all to meet in a central point, there would be little time for a rideout on the same day!

That said, there is middle ground and it might be the Shaftesbury area. This might entice some Wiltshire and some Hants occasionally, who knows.

So if anyone has any suggestions about somewhere to meet occasionally, please do so. My own thought is Compton Abbass airfield - for no other reason than Dorset's Ducati Dealer is shut on Sunday, and also they might not mind the noise, and I think they have a cafe, and its off a good road.

I'll go and find out this weekend. Let me know if you want to meet up.

In the meantime, I plan to tag along with the Hampsters once or twice, and suggest you do also.

I had planned a trackday at Mallory Park in June, but that's already been done so.....

Oh, and of course Poole Quay on a Tuesday is an regular option. Weather permitting I may even get there tomorrow. Hang on that's out twice in a week, hmmm, this enthusiasm thing can sneak up on you when the sun starts shining.....

Feedback from any Dorset members would be useful, right about now.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:37 PM   #2
Matt Black

Like I said

feedback

Dorset

about now?

zzzzzzzzz

Anyone fancy meeting up on a Wednesday at 6pm - Compton Abbass airfield near Shaftesbury - they have a bike night apparently

so it can't be a bad place to meet at the weekends, maybe.........if anyone is..........interested.........

in

Dorset........

Hello?
Old 10-05-2006, 06:18 PM   #3
bod

Please be quiet some of us are sleeping here Zzzzzzzzz
Old 10-05-2006, 10:07 PM   #4
lord vader

Shhhhh!

My it is quiet in here!
Mat i can't beleive you have one of the best bike meets ( Poole Quay )and no locals! is it cause their all waiting for god? or riding Goldwings or Harleys, same difference.
Once i have the electrics sorted i will be frequenting said Meet on a regular basis and I'm sure there must be some other hampsters that do or will.
Not sure we will ever be able to comand our own section down there but it would be good to meet a few faces and have and icecream or two.

Vader
Old 12-05-2006, 09:34 AM   #5
Matt Black

Actually I think its just me.

There are a few bods in Dorset, but they are probaby waiting for emails from me rather than forum notices.

So it'll be my fault then....
Old 16-05-2006, 07:28 PM   #6
Twinpipe

Thumbs up Ooh me, me, me, ooh me

I live in Dorset, Poole in fact!
Am quite new to ukmoc, got my 620ie in Dec last year.
Went up to N.I. at the weekend for the NW200 and got harrassed into showing my face on here by Chappers even though I've been a member for months.... very antisocial I know!!!
Let me know if there are any runs or maybe Poole Quay on a tuesday.
Old 16-05-2006, 10:24 PM   #7
mad_turnips

Talking poole key

use to be a dorset member ( lived in bournemouth) also am a channel island member ( long live king plum) but currently a hampster ( must change the jersey bit) anway am up for a poole outing in june time before i head home just say when ( a few mates from portsmouth uni bikers may make the trip aswell)
Old 17-05-2006, 08:41 AM   #8
rxtim

We're still here, waiting for announcements, then I miss it!

3x are having an open day on the 3rd/4th June so maybe that would be a good date?

Up for Compton Abbas, but not until June, meant to be wet tonight and we'll be playing with Mantas and whalesharks, fingers crossed, next week!
Old 17-05-2006, 10:00 AM   #9
Chappers

I'm looking to go visit Nanny in Southbourne on Sat 3rd June but not til I've worked my pub shift during the day first, so I'll be kipping overnight at hers and will be about for Sun 4th June for this 3X Open Day if any of you lot are going?

Last time I went to Poole Quay my Dad got arrested - some bloke nicked his parking space so Dad blocked him in, walked up to the huge oversized Jag, lent through the drivers window, grab the keys out of the ignition and threw them in the Quay A mammoth of a man climbed out and then they fought like Hugh Grant and Colin Firth in Bridget Jones...great entertainment Can't remember how to get there though as I was only 12yrs old
Old 19-05-2006, 09:33 PM   #10
Matt Black

Well organised that man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxtim
We're still here, waiting for announcements, then I miss it!

3x are having an open day on the 3rd/4th June so maybe that would be a good date?

Up for Compton Abbas, but not until June, meant to be wet tonight and we'll be playing with Mantas and whalesharks, fingers crossed, next week!
Sunday 4th of June - 3X Open Day
I will be there blowing some cobwebs off before the trackday

Suggest this be an informal Dorset meet and greet. I will email all I know in Dorset.
Old 19-05-2006, 09:39 PM   #11
Matt Black

Alternatively

Just noticed June 4th is down as a Hampster tour date.

So there are now two choices

3X open day or Hampshire Tour

As I'll be covering 600 miles to do the trackday later that week, I favour a coffee and a dribble at 3X on the Sunday but am easily led.
Old 20-05-2006, 03:05 PM   #12
rxtim

3x sounds fine to me, we'll be recovering from diving still anyway!
Old 22-05-2006, 10:30 PM   #13
Matt Black

Hants trip postponed so 3X it is