UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Electrics » Faulty Electrics...Please Help

Old 18-02-2006, 11:02 AM   #1
eonan

Faulty Electrics...Please Help

OK please bear with me as I try to describe what is happening/not happening. Its difficult because the problems seem to be inconsistant.

The other day I began to notice that my indicators were running slow. Then later they refused to work at all. I have LED's on the front and the rear. The rear has always worked fine, but when I put the LED's on the front I had one or two problems getting them to run properly. Eventually they did.

So, last night I decided to put back the old stock front indicators. Just making a temporary connection to see if they worked...and they did. Great I thought, I'm off to the pub and I'll fix them up properly in the morning.

This morning I do just that. Switch on the ignition and not only do the indicators not work, but the warning light panel doesn't work now either!

Everything else functions as it should: Starter motor, lights, brake light etc.

So...any ideas where to start trying to track down the fault? Does anything stand out a mile for any of you?

Its such a bloody lovely day here too

Oh, and I don't think this has anything to do with my 'Crossed Wires' post the other day - that just turned out to be as some of you had suggested, they had put the bulbs in the wrong slots.

Last edited by eonan; 18-02-2006 at 11:04 AM..
Old 18-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #2
Mr C

Check the relays.
Old 18-02-2006, 12:22 PM   #3
eonan

Sorted

Found the wee blighter - the turn signal fuse had gone
Old 18-02-2006, 11:37 PM   #4
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
It would be a good idea to check over your wiring to the flashers. It sounds like you may have a short somewhere?