UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Electrics » Fuse blowing on heated gloves ... heeeeeelp

Old 11-02-2006, 04:33 PM   #1
HotT

Fuse blowing on heated gloves ... heeeeeelp

I've connected a pair of heated gloves directly onto the battery. They operate through a switched thermostat & there's a 15amp fuse on the wire between the battery & the thermostat / switch.

I started the bike this morning & then turned the switch on & the little light came on - so I know they were working when I set off. Within less than 5 mins, the fuse had blown.
I stopped at a garage & bought another fuse [damn rip off too - had to buy a pack of 4 assorted sizes, none of which I'll use again except the single 15a - for a whole £1.19 ... **** Turpin would've been proud of a rip off like that!]
Anyway, I digress ... replaced the fuse. Started the bike. Turned on gloves - yippeeeee, little light on, gloves should be warm soon. Pulled off garage forecourt & thought ..... bit damn cold ..... sure enough, no gloves .... fuse blown again.

So, where do I start looking? There's no obvious loose wires & I'm stumped.

all hail anyone with a technical brain !!!!
Old 11-02-2006, 11:28 PM   #2
bod

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotT
I've connected a pair of heated gloves directly onto the battery. They operate through a switched thermostat & there's a 15amp fuse on the wire between the battery & the thermostat / switch.

I started the bike this morning & then turned the switch on & the little light came on - so I know they were working when I set off. Within less than 5 mins, the fuse had blown.
I stopped at a garage & bought another fuse [damn rip off too - had to buy a pack of 4 assorted sizes, none of which I'll use again except the single 15a - for a whole £1.19 ... **** Turpin would've been proud of a rip off like that!]
Anyway, I digress ... replaced the fuse. Started the bike. Turned on gloves - yippeeeee, little light on, gloves should be warm soon. Pulled off garage forecourt & thought ..... bit damn cold ..... sure enough, no gloves .... fuse blown again.

So, where do I start looking? There's no obvious loose wires & I'm stumped.

all hail anyone with a technical brain !!!!
If they are conected direct to the battery and the fuse is blowing surely the problem lies with the gloves themselves or your wiring....double check your wirin g for damage,if all ok return your gloves.