UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » Leaky oil pressure switch

Old 10-02-2006, 06:03 PM   #1
JamesM750

Question Leaky oil pressure switch

Hello, ive got a leaky oil pressure switch on my 2000, M750. After looking through various threads I have seen different suggestions for a replacement, even some off a Vauxhall
Im not sure which to go for, can anyone make a suggestion for the right replacement, and a good place to buy one?
Cheers
Old 10-02-2006, 07:51 PM   #2
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I believe the Vauxhall Aguila oil pressure switch works well, tried it on an M600 with no problems and seems to work. The pressure range is slightly different but it does what you want it to and puts the dash light on when there's no pressure. You need to use the connectors off the old switch though.
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:34 PM   #3
bod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbo
I believe the Vauxhall Aguila oil pressure switch works well, tried it on an M600 with no problems and seems to work. The pressure range is slightly different but it does what you want it to and puts the dash light on when there's no pressure. You need to use the connectors off the old switch though.
If true the Agila shares same engine as the Wagon R (check prices..or but genuine part)
Old 12-02-2006, 10:05 AM   #4
JamesM750

Thanks for that, how on earth did you find out that a Vauxhall switch works on your Monster? I guess I am asing a bit much for Ducati to make a suitable replacement that doesnt leak!