UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Ducati Spares Problems

Old 12-08-2005, 12:35 PM   #1
Duncan

Ducati Spares Problems

Is anyone else on here having problems getting basic spare parts from Ducati or the Ducati stores?

I have been waiting since June for a speedo cable from Ducati Bristol. They have a number on order and Italy has Nil Stock. I was promised that the factory were getting stock 2 weeks ago and I would have my cable by now - to date - NOTHING. Italy is now on holiday for August so doubt if I will see anything till September.

From speaking to other dealers it seems I am not alone. There are mountains of parts on back order and this is not confined to the UK.

If anyone is experiencing difficulties then please detail in this forum
1. What you are waiting for
2. The year and model of bike
3. When it was ordered
4. The dealer it was ordered from.

I will gather your comments together and forward it to Ducati and hopefully get things moving.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:07 PM   #2
mad_turnips

i have had no a little problem in the uk but if you phone Bikers ( ducati rep) in jersey they usually have it and will send it staight out
Old 12-08-2005, 03:15 PM   #3
Scotty

you can sorce a speedo cable from proberly any other bike ,i had one once of a yamahar something
didnt last as well but worked ok
Old 12-08-2005, 04:04 PM   #4
Duncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty
you can sorce a speedo cable from proberly any other bike ,i had one once of a yamahar something
didnt last as well but worked ok

Scotty

I probabaly have one in my garage, I certainly have enough bike bits and it hasnt stopped me using the bike.

The whole point is that Ducati have a legal responsibility to supply spares for bikes till they are out of production at least 6 (I think) years and as they stopped making speedo bikes just 3 years ago then they are failing.

As I have been told by their own dealers that there is a general spares problem, that the factory has been on strike and 101 other things I want to get to the bottom of this. Certainly as a club, a group of people with similar issues can achieve much more than one person. If I am going to complain to Ducati then I would rather take a whole load of problems to them because they cant afford to ignore that.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:12 PM   #5
The Kevlar Kid

I'm all sorted now, but I recently (a month ago) had over a six week wait for some fork bushes (a service part). I was told that Ducati had rationalised their stock and had overdone it - resulting in a shortage of basic parts.

Almost makes you want to buy Japanese
Old 12-08-2005, 04:33 PM   #6
boppy

Bike: M900
I was waiting 5 weeks for a speedo cable, it finally arrived last Saturday. As you can imagine I was not well chuffed missing some half decent biking weather
boppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 05:31 PM   #7
LAURENT

The hub of the rear swing arm of my S4R has been grind away by the sproket .
Ducati agreed to cover this under the warranty even if the bike is more than 2 years now.
Nice isn't it? but the problem is, they can't get the parts !!! May be 3 or 4 weeks if lucky !!!
In witch other business the factory close in the peak season !!!!!! Not in mine anyway.
They should close the factory in January , it wouldn't border anybody !

Laurent
Old 12-08-2005, 05:32 PM   #8
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Location: Carving a slice thru the braindead masses..(pun intended)
You should try ordering camshafts... oh, the joy I had last year...
spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 06:06 PM   #9
Jamcoly

over 2 months for a fork seal and still waiting
Old 12-08-2005, 06:08 PM   #10
Plum

Duncan

Check DucatiSparesOnline via fleabay. I ordered some bits for my monnie that you would think a dealer would hold in stock, such as a fuel filter. I have ordered twice now, and the stuff has always arrived in time (bare in mind i live in Jersey) and i have been more than happy.
Another place i would suggest is J Hackett/Ducati Coventry. Again excellent service.

Hope this helps you out
Old 12-08-2005, 06:39 PM   #11
A Yerbury

he's super he's lee, he's leesuperlight! or superlightlee?

he's on ebay and should have some fork seals, I normally phone Batty O'd at ducati glasgow, "special price" but we are lovers and have a special arrangement...He say's ******** to the lot of you apparently, how rustic!
Old 12-08-2005, 06:58 PM   #12
Fosse Foxfight

Quote:
Originally Posted by boppy
I was waiting 5 weeks for a speedo cable, it finally arrived last Saturday. As you can imagine I was not well chuffed missing some half decent biking weather
The speedo cable stopped you ridng the bike?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:05 PM   #13
A Yerbury

oi fosse

"I probabaly have one in my garage, I certainly have enough bike bits and it hasnt stopped me using the bike." ....He is giving out these mixed messages! like those ladies in short skirts buying their own drinks! it's all rather confusing!
Old 13-08-2005, 04:48 PM   #14
boppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosse Foxfight
The speedo cable stopped you ridng the bike?
Yep wanted to keep an accurate record of the mileage as I've owed it from new (7 1/2 years) and has a fdsh.
boppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2005, 06:50 PM   #15
Fosse Foxfight

Oi Yerbs.......do you get this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boppy
Yep wanted to keep an accurate record of the mileage as I've owed it from new (7 1/2 years) and has a fdsh.
I thought you were serious for a moment and then I realised you weer on a total pisstake Good one....no seriously