UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Bike Reviews :. » Bike Reviews » M750 » whats the difference between...

Old 24-06-2005, 11:26 AM   #1
Devilish

whats the difference between...

an M750 and a Il Monstro 750???

im renewing my insurance and have been doing a bit of shopping around. Some quote me on the M750, which is about £400, bot others cant find the M750 and only find the Il Monstro 750, which is about £800 to insure

Whats the difference??? is it a special edition or something. the thing i dont under stand is i thought all insurance companies shared infor on polices and makes and models of bikes etc????

HELP me please

Cheerz

Nick
Old 24-06-2005, 11:40 AM   #2
DesmoDog

No, they never, ever get it right. il monstro was the full name for the monster in Italy - they might think its an import. Shop around more - I just got a good deal through Laxtons www.dwlaxton.co.uk 0870 4446365
Old 24-06-2005, 11:50 AM   #3
Devilish

i hate insurance companies. USELESS!

the thing i find even more disturbing is that i checked out ducati insurance, and they only list the il monsrto as well. FOR CHRISTS SAKE, they make the thing!
Old 24-06-2005, 12:01 PM   #4
PaulS

If your experience is anything like mine then you will try 10 different brokers but 8 of the policies will be underwritten by Norwich Union and the dearest will still be twice the price of the cheapest.
Old 24-06-2005, 12:12 PM   #5
DesmoDog

Yeah, and the second one is the cheapest.
Old 24-06-2005, 01:08 PM   #6
Scotty

some bloke (i assume) on the dsc had some 'scam' (perhaps a bit strong that ) where you faxed you details off to all the insurance companyes and got a quote faxed back
you then faxed that quote to all of em again to see if any will beate it etc etc

think he has planns to 'offer a service' to find insurace for ya

i shall definatly be looking it to it a bit more come renewal time
as i got my summons today
Old 24-06-2005, 01:29 PM   #7
Lost Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty
i shall definatly be looking it to it a bit more come renewal time
as i got my summons today
Aah ****, is that from that trip to matlock the other week? Whats come of it so far?

To keep on topic, I just re-insured my M600 a couple days ago (when i was still 20) for £247 (not bad, eh). Shop around, cheapest quote I got before that was about £400.