UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Berkshire » 4th June Castle Combe

Old 24-05-2005, 10:44 PM   #1
crust
rattles when he walks

Bike: M900
4th June Castle Combe

Am thinking of going to Castle Combe to watch the Desmo people wizz round.

Saturday the 4th June.

Could go North of the M4 for a cotswold cruise and meet with Nattybwoy in the Swindon hood which might mean an early dept (if he's going of course )

or could take an A4 route?

Any takers?

Crust - successfull negotiation of MOT permitting
crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2005, 11:01 PM   #2
pete

I've been thinking about that one as well Crust, would love to do it. Count me in if the weather looks half reasonable

Cheers,

Pete
Old 25-05-2005, 06:31 AM   #3
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Crust

the Hampster and guests should be going along. I spoke to Natty Boy a couple of weeks ago about this and he said he was up for it. I'll give him a shout and try and sort a meet point or two for different areas.

You the berkshire rep now?

Ped
Old 25-05-2005, 05:24 PM   #4
crust
rattles when he walks

Pedro, nice one, we could meet him near where we split up the other sunday or wherever

Pete, nice one. The weather things a given, cant be bothered with getting wet.

Anyone else?

Gwyndaff?

Crust
Old 25-05-2005, 08:25 PM   #5
walkingpictures
preneolithic frebie

Bike: S4Rs
Would love to join you guys but will be across the water in the Isle of Man

If Pete gets his arse outa bed early after a late night Saturday session in the pub then miracles DO happen

Phoenix will love the support so have a great time and enjoy the ride out,here's hoping for dry roads for you all.

Kimbo
walkingpictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 08:42 PM   #6
crust
rattles when he walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingpictures
If Pete gets his arse outa bed early after a late night Saturday session in the pub then miracles DO happen
it wont be a miracle he needs, it'll be a time machine

we're going on saturday

have a good time on the island

Crust
Old 27-05-2005, 10:17 PM   #7
crust
rattles when he walks

Marlborough meet it is then

A spot of brekkie/coffee/smoke/natter in Marlborough could be good, so need to get there for 9.30

That means leaving Reading around 8.18-8.30 for a run down the A4

Pete, in the absence of any other people signing up for this, I'm thinking the petrol station by the gorge cafe is the place to meet.

Crust
Old 30-05-2005, 12:07 AM   #8
pete

Sounds good Crust,
well apart from the time Have to set the alarm for sure A4 is fine by me, that's a nice run once you get past Newbury. Give me a call nearer the time when we have a better guess at the weather....

Cheers,

Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by crust
Marlborough meet it is then

A spot of brekkie/coffee/smoke/natter in Marlborough could be good, so need to get there for 9.30

That means leaving Reading around 8.18-8.30 for a run down the A4

Pete, in the absence of any other people signing up for this, I'm thinking the petrol station by the gorge cafe is the place to meet.

Crust
Old 01-06-2005, 10:43 PM   #9
BoozyBOB

Reading Monsterers...
if you are going A4..remember the camera as you get into Woolhampton..(op garage..)..also for the last 3 Sat and Sundays there is a mobile unit when you leave Woolhampton...anywhere between the end of that big lay-bye on the left..(at the start of the gravel pits) and the Berkshire Arms pub..(first roundabout)..
i go that way to work...there are red notices tied to the lamp posts..(must be a new legal thingy)..telling you off 'police opperations'
Old 02-06-2005, 04:39 PM   #10
Phoenix

Glad you are coming to watch boys I'm sure the ukmoc contingent will do quite well here.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:08 AM   #11
Marky

Crust & Pete,

I may be up for a ride from sunny Slough. Where you meeting in Reading? Otherwise I could meet you all in Marlborough for 10am.

I may need to get home for mid-afternoon so I may not actually do Castle Combe, will know tomorrow. If I can't do the races at least it'll be a good rideout!

Cheers
Marky

Last edited by Marky; 03-06-2005 at 08:13 AM..
Old 03-06-2005, 09:48 AM   #12
pete

Marky,
I'm not sure if I can go tomorrow now, and won't know until later today. Crust and I were going to meet at the petrol station by the Gorge cafe. You go over Caversham bridge and turn right at the roundabout (Richfield avenue) and the garage is right there on the left. The plan was to meet at around 8:15 - 8:30.

I'll post up this evening wether I am going or not, or if you pm me your phone number I'll call you.

Cheers,

Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky
Crust & Pete,

I may be up for a ride from sunny Slough. Where you meeting in Reading? Otherwise I could meet you all in Marlborough for 10am.

I may need to get home for mid-afternoon so I may not actually do Castle Combe, will know tomorrow. If I can't do the races at least it'll be a good rideout!

Cheers
Marky
Old 03-06-2005, 05:00 PM   #13
crust
rattles when he walks

Guys

Here's the latest.

Pete
I will leave mine and be in the petrol station by the gorge cafe between 8.00 and 8.15am.

Marky
Will be at Junction 12 M4 ( up the off ramp and park nearest safe place on left) between 8.20ish and 8.30am

If either of you post up you're going I'll wait for you. Any other suggestions for times/meets then post them up.

Crust
Old 03-06-2005, 05:15 PM   #14
Marky

Hi Crust,

I know Theale very well as I work there so instead of waiting on carriageway how's about MacDump's in the SaveCentre? Leave 8:30?

I'll PM you me mobile.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:21 PM   #15
pete

Crust,
got the work finished today (phew..) so am available tomorrow but I'm not sure about this weather. Looks a bit dodgy. Want to make a decision in the morning because I'm not up for a soaking tomorrow ? Are you going even if it looks sh*te tomorrow ?

Cheers,

Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by crust
Guys

Here's the latest.

Pete
I will leave mine and be in the petrol station by the gorge cafe between 8.00 and 8.15am.

Marky
Will be at Junction 12 M4 ( up the off ramp and park nearest safe place on left) between 8.20ish and 8.30am

If either of you post up you're going I'll wait for you. Any other suggestions for times/meets then post them up.

Crust