UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Essex » Great Bentley on a wednesday

Old 10-05-2005, 03:22 PM   #1
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
Great Bentley on a wednesday

Its a very popular place to be, now theres a few of us around the neighbourhood, who fancies a meet there and when?

I know Benson is happy to come and play, Nonnie will to (given a lift) and I'm always around. So maybe next week (18th) if the sun is shiny and golden, or does anyone have plans?

For anyone who's not been before, its a village green with hundreds of bikes, a pub, burger stall; all situated off the A133 west of colchester on the way out to Clacton.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:57 PM   #2
benson

Talking 18th sounds like a plan!!!

Hi PD - I think we'd put a provisional date to meet at GB aside for the second Wednesday in June - think it's the 8th but yes to next week as well!

This rather beats the pants off the idea I had of meeting at the **** Turpin on the 17th so lets do this instead - a far better idea methinks and on the way to the sea! (ships anyone ???)
Old 10-05-2005, 04:55 PM   #3
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Sorry Benson, I forgot I knew we'd spoken about a date but totally forgot when it was and as its on every week no harm in doing it more than once. It's why i didn't put a date on this thread and left it for discussion. As the nights get longer the bikes grow in number and sadly the number of monsters there has only ever been pitiful so I'll go armed with UKMOC cards next week IF it's sunny.

Hey Non, will rod be around next wed?

I'm happy to do a darstardly d1ck on a day trip but evening is a bit of a trawl. What you think about doing another sunday run to burnham after lunch at the DT one sunday, maybe when Nonnie's got her arm back?

Old 10-05-2005, 05:39 PM   #4
benson

Great Bentley (sounds like a womble!)

Sounds like a good plan to me!!! As you say, it's a bit of a pain to trawl a long way if no one else turns up but if it's not pouring down next week count me in for sure :lol:

Just heard from the two who you carded at Veloce on Saturday - Lenny and Londa - both in Norwich so will send them to this site to see if they fancy joining us...

Nonnie - how's the arm??? and if Rod's around next week hope you can make it over - if Ipswich is on my way to great bentley (OK so it would be a good idea to look at a map occasionally) then you can always ride there with me!!!!
Meanwhile happy riding - and here's hoping the sun remembers to stay out!

Old 10-05-2005, 06:46 PM   #5
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
oh god get me out of the ****ing house and let me feel the wind in my hair!!! im going crazy! rod has been fab and cleaned my house and fed the kids. everything i want and try to do takes 10 times as long even if it is possible!i am distraught because i feel ok but it just wont work! aaarrrggghhhhh!
am hiring a babysitter next wednesday and rod will take me out on emily providing i dont do anything stupid in the meantime!
i miss juan and i miss being with him but pillion will do even if it involves stopping every 20 minutes and using a pillion pal!!!

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:57 PM   #6
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Thats the spirit Nonnie, just pray for sun now.

Benson - ipswich is 15 miles NORTH of colchester so a bit out of the way to ride into GB. But given an appropriate time I'm sure I/we/they/everyone/someone could meet you on the way in should you get lonely.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:33 PM   #7
Moley

Great Bentley on the 18th instead of the Turpin on the 17th sounds fine to me. Any other views from Essex owners?
Old 11-05-2005, 07:42 AM   #8
bignj

I'll be there, it's only 10mins up the road for me.

Will keep an eye on this thread for any meeting up arrangements.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:24 PM   #9
benson

Talking Off to read my map book!!!

Let's all pray for rain then and a lot of decent painkillers for Nonnie - what a good chap Rod is!!!!! Hurrah for decent types

Meanwhile I am off to find out exactly where it is I am going!!!

:burnout:
Old 11-05-2005, 08:58 PM   #10
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benson
Let's all pray for rain then and a lot of decent painkillers for Nonnie - what a good chap Rod is!!!!! Hurrah for decent types
Decent types eh, i'd settle for any type.

What sort of time do you think you'd be getting to colchester Benson? I'll try and find somewhere to meet off the A12 and lead you in, unless you fancy finding it by yourself, judging by your expertise in locations I'll see you at 10pm
Old 11-05-2005, 09:09 PM   #11
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Dave thats not nice you need to be nice to all the women you possibly can!

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 09:17 PM   #12
benson

Talking Humph - map skills??? WHo needs 'em???

abso-bloomin-lutely Nonnie - he'd better watch himself that young upstart!!!!!

Meanwhile, I hope to be leaving here (which is just to the left of London according to my book - oh no - that's Delia Smith and a recipe for chocolate fudge cake - no wonder I don't know where I am - where did my map go??? ) So - as I was saying - I hope to be leaving here about 5.30, which should make my ETA (technical term there!!!) Colchester about 6.30 taking into consideration that lovely lovely road the A12 (NOT! ) - I know - why don't you suggest somewhere PD and as long as you leave a trail of wool on the floor I should be OK!!!

Meanwhile I've got a headlight and I'm not afraid of the dark

xxxxx
Old 11-05-2005, 09:51 PM   #13
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonnie
Dave thats not nice you need to be nice to all the women you possibly can!

Oi you two, I'm nice to all women, when have I ever been nasty no either of you? I was just saying as someone who doesn't have an 'other' or 'better' half I'm not able to shout hurrah for my decent anyone so would settle for a reasonable or even just an OK type. But if you ask me all women are fantastic

x

Benson I'll work out a place and see you near colchester around that time, I'll get back to you.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:45 AM   #14
benson

Talking You're a lovely bloke and we know it!!!!!

Hey PD - just friendly chat mate - you're a star!!!! Meanwhile off to buy a helmet with a headlight like the miners used to have....and one of those maps a la lost again!!!!!
Old 12-05-2005, 09:02 AM   #15
Moley

Benson, could meet up on the A12 near Chelmsford if you like, but I cannot make it prior to 7pm and it seems like you will be running out earlier.