UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » Airbox advise s4r

Old 09-05-2005, 01:30 PM   #1
birchie

Airbox advise s4r

I'm thinkin about an open airbox for me s4r and wondered what difference it makes to the running etc any advise much appreciated
Old 09-05-2005, 06:59 PM   #2
ps4

Hi Birchie
I have a S4 and with termis and chip,I was running the standard filter till about 2 weeks ago,picked up a DP open lid and filter.Doesn't seem any different in the running of the engine,but sounds good when you give it some stick !
Old 09-05-2005, 08:41 PM   #3
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps4
Hi Birchie
I have a S4 and with termis and chip,I was running the standard filter till about 2 weeks ago,picked up a DP open lid and filter.Doesn't seem any different in the running of the engine,but sounds good when you give it some stick !
The Termignoni kit for the S4 should have included the open lid and washable filter - in fact this is the bit you need the re-mapped ECU for. The bike will run OK with the just the Termignoni pipes and the original ECU but the higher air flow of the open airbox lid and K&N style filter needs a revised fuel map.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:04 PM   #4
ps4

When I bought the bike it was running standard cans with the race ecu.I have since added the termis and open airbox,
Very pleased with it so far.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:30 PM   #5
lenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps4
When I bought the bike it was running standard cans with the race ecu.I have since added the termis and open airbox,
Very pleased with it so far.
hi a new member :burnout:
Old 09-05-2005, 09:31 PM   #6
lenny

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: