UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Ducati John - top bloke!

Old 26-04-2005, 10:06 AM   #1
Tigerlily

Thumbs up Ducati John - top bloke!

I took my bike to Ducati John for a service recently and I want to say thanks and sing his praises!

My bike's 5 years old and hadn't had the belts replaced (so I knew I needed to get that that done) and it had the equivelent of a 12k service. The list of jobs he's done on it is as long as me arm (the only thing he didn't replace was me empty fuel tank for a full one :lol: ). I'm pretty sure he even cured my noisy back brake

The price of the service included all the parts (geniune Ducati) and the not so grand total was £250!!

My bike's running like a dream, and the noise it makes since being dyno jetted etc (not included in the sevice cost) ooh it sends a tingle down my spine!!!

If you're up this end of the country and your service is coming up then I'd definately recommend Ducati John!

Thanks John - my custom is definately coming your way again next year!
Old 19-02-2006, 02:51 PM   #2
Monkey Boy

Angry

TL,

Went to Ducati Manchester (near Knutsford) this afternoon for a look-see.

Asked about service costs and they just told me it would be £375 and they told me they cannot imagine how the £250 service you had included belts.

Old 19-02-2006, 03:01 PM   #3
dazzi-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Boy
TL,

Went to Ducati Manchester (near Knutsford) this afternoon for a look-see.

Asked about service costs and they just told me it would be £375 and they told me they cannot imagine how the £250 service you had included belts.

Well it just goes to show what over inflated prices a main dealer will charge

My bike will be serviced with Ducati John this week and that's all it's costing me (belt change included)
Give him a bell.......he's a top bloke.
Old 19-02-2006, 03:06 PM   #4
Monkey Boy

Thumbs up Thanks

Cheers.

Will just do that. I asked them how long they would need the bike for and they said 2-3 days (12 hours)?

Does Ducati John have any contact details other than the telephone (cannot use the bloody thing)
Old 19-02-2006, 03:30 PM   #5
Tigerlily

If you click on the link to his websit link you'll be able to email him or you can send a pm through the club
Old 19-02-2006, 03:33 PM   #6
Tigerlily

Here's a link to his website http://www.ducati-john.co.uk/

Old 19-02-2006, 03:35 PM   #7
Monkey Boy

Much appreciated, thank you, TL.
Old 19-02-2006, 04:15 PM   #8
klause

Wouldn't mind giving my monster in for the shimming can do belt changes etc myself.

Anyone like Ducati John down south
Old 19-02-2006, 04:47 PM   #9
Fosse Foxfight

Up against the Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily
My bike's 5 years old and hadn't had the belts replaced
You are very very foolish and very very lucky.....dont even consider letting it run over the two year mark again, unless of course you have so much money that you can afford most of a new engine, you need your wrists severely slapped
Old 19-02-2006, 04:50 PM   #10
Fosse Foxfight

Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by klause
Wouldn't mind giving my monster in for the shimming can do belt changes etc myself.

Anyone like Ducati John down south
Rich Llewellyn at Moto Louigi, just out the road from Bath. Glowing accounts, and highly experienced, specially in race prep

ta ra
Old 19-02-2006, 07:23 PM   #11
Tigerlily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosse Foxfight
You are very very foolish and very very lucky.....dont even consider letting it run over the two year mark again, unless of course you have so much money that you can afford most of a new engine, you need your wrists severely slapped

I don't see how this post is relevent to my thread recommending an independant mechanic?
Old 19-02-2006, 07:30 PM   #12
Fosse Foxfight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily
I don't see how this post is relevent to my thread recommending an independant mechanic?
There was a glibness attached to saying it was 5 years old and hadnt had the belts done. No offence was meant.

ta ra
Old 19-02-2006, 08:35 PM   #13
klause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosse Foxfight
Rich Llewellyn at Moto Louigi, just out the road from Bath. Glowing accounts, and highly experienced, specially in race prep

ta ra
Ta much will keep him Moto Louigi in mind. Need someone nearer really but I don't trust your average ducati dealer.
Old 19-02-2006, 08:39 PM   #14
Kev Bunney

I can also sing the praises of Ducati John not only did he do my valve clearences for me he taught myself and a friend how to do them so we can do them ourselves, great bloke who does a great job, well worth a visit
Old 20-02-2006, 05:26 PM   #15
Didge

Quote:
Originally Posted by klause
Ta much will keep him Moto Louigi in mind. Need someone nearer really but I don't trust your average ducati dealer.
Klause, Pro-Twins, South Godston, Surrey.:-

http://www.protwins.co.uk/

Not cheap, but VERY, VERY good. I had all my Ducati servicing done there, as I'm like you......I don't trust mainstream dealers.
Bike felt like new, after every service. 100% in my opinion.