UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Bedfordshire » Anyone fancy a run to Norwich....

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 18-04-2005, 08:34 PM   #1
The Kevlar Kid

Anyone fancy a run to Norwich....

May 7th - Veloce open day - Norwich

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come to Norfolk, its flat and smells of animal poo.

Bring a strand of wheat to chew, straw will be provided for seating and theres a prize for the Ducat that can plough the most fields in a day.

Don't know any more than that, but there is an open day, its at Veloce dealers in Norwich. It'll be open all day as is tradition for an open day and being a Ducati dealers there'll probably be some Ducati's there to look at too, in an open day kind of way?

Thread taken from:

UK Monster Owners Club Forum > .: General :. > Events > Region Announcements > Suffolk

(I can't do the link thingy)

At the moment (pending decent weather) it appears to be me and possibly StuartG.

Others???

Doc, Runningman, PeteS4, Chappers, Chris, Madhatter, Cereberus - usual suspects

Last edited by The Kevlar Kid; 18-04-2005 at 08:38 PM..
Old 19-04-2005, 10:29 AM   #2
Chappers

I can go but need to be back in CMK by 5pm as I start my pub shift at 6pm

What sorta time we planning on leaving? Where we likely to be meeting?
Old 19-04-2005, 07:47 PM   #3
stuartg

I'm supposed to be somewhere else that day but think I can change it. I can meet anywhere but suggest we might want to end up meeting Chappers + anyone else in MK + go on from there. A 9ish meet would suit me getting back at a reasonable-ish time in afternoon.
Old 19-04-2005, 08:21 PM   #4
russell

Talking

I ve got my monster booked in there at the end of the month for its anal service, only 15 minutes away from me very handy.
They seem rather polite chaps very helpful.

See you there.
Old 19-04-2005, 09:06 PM   #5
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Hi Russell, it's anal service eh?

Suffolk Squadron here, see you there! We was only joking about the animal poo, no, we weren't actually but it does smell, you know that!

Hope to see you there!

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2005, 08:57 AM   #6
The Kevlar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartg
I can meet anywhere but suggest we might want to end up meeting Chappers + anyone else in MK + go on from there. A 9ish meet would suit me getting back at a reasonable-ish time in afternoon.
Sounds good to me....

Anyone else?????
Old 22-04-2005, 11:31 AM   #7
Chappers

Pete has just suggested maybe we meet mega early and take a ride up to Yarmouth, have some fish n chips and an ice-cream then meet up with others in Norwich - thoughts please
Old 22-04-2005, 11:53 AM   #8
The Kevlar Kid

Yarmouth sounds good to me.

Depends what you call mega early though........
Old 22-04-2005, 11:58 AM   #9
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Hello friends

Suffolk contingency plus some Essex will probably be at Veloce about 11 ish. Added more to the original post about this too re food and raffles etc.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=11813

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2005, 12:09 PM   #10
Chappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kevlar Kid
Yarmouth sounds good to me.

Depends what you call mega early though........
Pete said leave for 8-8:30amish ...oh yeah, just realised that you don't do mornings :lol: :twisted:
Old 22-04-2005, 12:16 PM   #11
The Kevlar Kid

Stuart suggested 9ish, so I guess 8.30 would be ok - but I guess I could make 8am if everyone else is up for it - christ, I'm gonna be half asleep.

Oh, just thought of something, does anybody know the way or how long it will take????

I guess I'd better get my back tyre sorted out this weekend / next week then......
Old 22-04-2005, 12:52 PM   #12
Chappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kevlar Kid
Stuart suggested 9ish, so I guess 8.30 would be ok - but I guess I could make 8am if everyone else is up for it - christ, I'm gonna be half asleep.

Oh, just thought of something, does anybody know the way or how long it will take????

I guess I'd better get my back tyre sorted out this weekend / next week then......
You still haven't given me tyre details, I'm in Huntingdon this Sunday so could collect if the price I get from John is good enough, then you just need to get it put on.

Pete know's the way, was saying it's a couple of hours.
Old 22-04-2005, 12:54 PM   #13
paul620sie

MK to Norwich... its approx 110miles. It takes me 2 hours in car so long as traffic is OKish, never been on my bike.

*MK to Bedford (via M1 j13)
*Bedford bypass (dual carraigeway)
*Bedford to Cambridge via Barford (speed camera x 2), st ives, cambourne (then speed camera) Cambridge bypass / A14
*Cambridge to Mildenhall (dual carraigeway)
*Mildenhall to Thetford
*Thetford to Norwich (dual carraigeway)

You may turn off A11 before Norwich baypass to get to new Ducati Dealers (checkout thier web site for local map)

Hope this helps, Paul
Old 22-04-2005, 06:56 PM   #14
stuartg

Didn't realise there was 2 8.30's in 1 day. It'll be a whole new experience. I have to say it is dependant on weather though. No way am I getting my bike too dirty it'll take a month to clean. Weather permitting I don't mind whether we do Yarmouth or just Norwich, whatever.
Old 23-04-2005, 08:37 PM   #15
peteS4

bottom line on this one is i feel like stu, if its just a little damp then fine but there aint no way i'm riding 3 hours in the rain to eat a soggy ice cream on a wind swept beach to then stand in an empty showroom cos no one came due to the rain to then ride 3 hours home in the rain...... if its gona be nice then great, if not.......... i'm getting back in bed