UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Gloucestershire » Easter Monday Blast

Old 28-03-2005, 08:43 PM   #1
Duncan

Easter Monday Blast

Great impromptu blast about today.

JR, Zimbo and me, met Waggon and Horses. Flora cried off in pain with broken ribs so the 3 of us made for the grand highways of Cotswoldia, passing Corinium Dubunnorum, a bit of the Fosse Way too before turning for Bibury, Burford and a cuppa then back via Lechlade to the Waggon for a few drinks.

Zimbo put Elmo's old Monnie through its paces a bit and we even managed to chase, catch and card a prospective member who passed the pub, despite having to get our gear on first.

All in all a good afternoon despite JR only getting 90 miles from a tank of fuel and my petrol light coming on at 95 miles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0001a.JPG (30.3 KB, 50 views)
Old 28-03-2005, 09:01 PM   #2
JR

All in all Dunc, it was a real nice smooth ride , well lead by Zimbo, at a brisk pace.
90 miles to the tank was in line with Ferrari style performance on two wheels, so cant complain. I think we are now ready for the first summer evening attack of the year upon Symonds Yat and the DOC.

JR
Old 29-03-2005, 07:13 PM   #3
Duncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR
I think we are now ready for the first summer evening attack of the year upon Symonds Yat and the DOC.

JR
I was thinking of doing Symonds Yat on Tuesday 12th April. Its a bit of a prob for Zimbo but has to be a Tuesday for the pub meet and after that Aprils half over.
Old 29-03-2005, 07:51 PM   #4
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Don't worry about me Duncan, I'll just join in on another one soon!
Was nice to see you both yesterday, and a very enjoyable little run. Lots and lots of traffic about, but I quite enjoy hopping my way through them all, and we were still able to stretch our legs a fair bit. And it's not true that I chased that R6 up that hill just so I could admire his pillion's tightly leather clad arse .... (well not all true, anyway )

Quote of the day from the Waggon's barmaid, having sat on my monster (oooo er) and run it up:

... well it's like sitting on a washing machine, only better ...

Roll on the next one!
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote