UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » National Events » Todays meet at Box Hill (Easter Sunday)

Old 27-03-2005, 04:26 PM   #1
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Todays meet at Box Hill (Easter Sunday)

Yielded at least 72 Ducati's in the Box Hill car park, on what turned out to be a dry day - just a bit nippy if standing about too long. I think the bikesafe boys there went into overdrive as more & more Ducati's poured in over the hour & a half!

43 of these managed to do the short bimble of 8 miles to the pub for more nattering & hot drinks. It was a great sight in my rear mirrors to see all those bikes following

Great to eventually meet Nonnie - and also others, such as Harley Richards, James T, Davie (dont leave it another 2 years mate!) Albie, Mutters, MartinS4, Jamcoly, Scrumpster, Pedro & Natty, Dark-Jon, Richard, Steve, VMan, Runningman & Singletrack - amongst others who I also nattered to (sorry if I havent mentioned you ) - as well as Benson - who had rumbled straight to the pub to meet us!

Great meet - just got rid of the 'afternoon tea on the lawn' crew who followed us home! :lol:

C :burnout:

Last edited by CK & AK; 27-03-2005 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: I forgot Harley! - how could I??
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005, 04:32 PM   #2
benson

Wink Bloomin good rumbles!

Great to see everyone at the infamous mucky duck - and meet some new faces too. My particular skill at navigation was shared with a few folks on the way home, it's called missing the turning to go back toward London but decicing that i MEANT to carry on as if to Portsmouth... Say no more - I will be changing my name to compass rather than Benson at this rate!

Nonnie - grand to meet you indeed and Steve - both last seen heading off up the A12 homeward bound and Runningman too - CLEAN THAT BIKE!!!

Now if I could only work out how to get the photo from my desktop to the e mail then I could show you the pucture of the victorious four at the Ace Cafe where hot chocolate was much needed and much enjoyed before those last few miles home... :lol:

Meanwhile here's to Nonnie - got those leathers off yet? It's OK - we know what you're up to!!!

Take care peeps and see you soon -
Benson
Old 27-03-2005, 04:36 PM   #3
peteS4

it must have been better weather down there than up here then, i woke and saw nothing but damp grey clouds...... a few hours later still the same, i rode the short distance to northampton and was frozen to the bars.... and its still damp, grey and very cold, so much so i've had to turn on the heating. sorry i missed it but may have been for the best as on leaving northampton 1 side of my number plate bracket broke and i had to run 1 junction of the M1 with plate hanging off to 1 side just hoping it didn't drop off,
Old 27-03-2005, 04:38 PM   #4
Jamcoly

great first big run of the year
aways good hearing and seeing lots of ducati's booming along

nice dry day not to cold ever

hope this is the start of another great biking year.
Old 27-03-2005, 04:39 PM   #5
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Yeah, great to catch up with everyone today but can we have some sunshine next time please C?

Ped
Old 27-03-2005, 04:41 PM   #6
benson

Blame me if it rains!

Yeah - sunshine would be good - thing is - I just went to Rivetts and bought lots of cleaning kit and have polished said motorbike - it is now bound to rain of course for the forseeable future!
Old 27-03-2005, 04:44 PM   #7
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

T-shirt weather like yesterday would have been good Pedro

But at least it didnt: rain, sleet, snow, freeze or was windy!

It is March you know
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005, 04:52 PM   #8
psychlist

Thumbs up Hazy blue sunny sky...........

Now I'm home! Same as when I left this morning

Good to meet a few old faces and some new ones, hope you made it back OK Davey
Old 27-03-2005, 04:52 PM   #9
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

March it may be, but I'd still prefer sun!

Hey Benson, if I'd known you were cleaning you could have done my bike too. The pigeon pooh was particularly stubborn to get off and was all over the front of the bike.... b*stard thing!

Ped
Old 27-03-2005, 04:54 PM   #10
benson

Mrs Overall

Hell, on a spring day is there anything finer than cleaning a Ducati? Yes well I know there is but I'm just trying to convince myself it was worth the effort as the first few raindrops start a falling...
Old 27-03-2005, 06:23 PM   #11
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by benson
Meanwhile here's to Nonnie - got those leathers off yet? It's OK - we know what you're up to!!!

Look, it does not mean I am having a tom tit ok??? It was an ordinary wee hampered greatly by many many layers and a foolish 2 piece leather ensemble. Great to meet you, thanks for getting us back to the A12.

Lovely to meet Singletrack (hope you got home OK) and Scrumpster (whose secret I WILL not divulge) and CK, Albie (thanks for getting us to Box Hill) and Runningman (What WERE you thinking of taking a provinicial girl around the North Circular?!) That kinda came out wrong.

Great to meet Moley too. Did you see me stuff up the roundabout taking the wrong road AGAIN? Made it back anyway.

Hello to everybody else I met too. Great day. Shame about the pureed carrot but that's a minor detail! xx

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005, 07:00 PM   #12
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
It was good to put a few names to faces - Thanks for making me feel welcome CK and Clockwork Orange (along with many other members of the DSC who were very patient with me on my first ride out). Sorry I couldn't stay for the pub.

It was good to meet you eventually Nonnie. I am glad you got home safely, although probably cold! - next time we meet it might be on your stomping ground.

Albie - your leathers are nowhere near as bright as I imagined them to be

Runningman - get that chain sorted! It wasn't the rustiest one there, you can't be riding enough :lol:
Old 27-03-2005, 07:10 PM   #13
Davie

hope you made it back OK Davey [/QUOTE]

Yeah made it back ok if a little cold, dont think the bike liked the cold much either- runnin like a bag o !*!*!*!*.
Nice to see a few faces i havent seen for i while, and a few new ones.

Davie.
Old 27-03-2005, 07:23 PM   #14
Runningman

Hi to all the Boxhillers, seems like you all made it back home safely.

Good to see some old mates; Benson, turning nuts to gold; Albie, so many cans, so little time; Nattyboy, bike of the show: and CK & AK orchestrating things beautifully from car park to car park.

Nice to meet Scrumster, Singletrack, Nonnie and Steve (didn't catch your forum name Steve, unless its Steve) with the UKMOC bravery award going to Nonnie, who after only a few months in the saddle, rode mostly solo all the way from Ipswich, and negotiated the Hanger lane gyratory system like a veteran on the way back to the Ace.
Bravo Nonnie, bravo.

Pictures later. I'm off to oil me chain!
r
Old 27-03-2005, 07:58 PM   #15
NattyBoy
Monsterless again for now

Bike: M900
Yep..nice one guys..really enjoyed myself today and glad weather held up. Also glad we remembered the name of that new chemical brothers album on the way to box eh scrumpster !!!? - would have done my head in otherwise..!!

Thanks for the comments runningman and good to meet you !...and I promise to give you first refusal if ever the animal needs a new home ! (May be a bit knackered now though after pedro thrashed the t**s off it on the way home :lol: ).

Oh..and that was a mighty fine bacon sarnie Albie...cheers..

Look forward to catching up soon..

Cheers
Nat
NattyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote