UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Your favourite road..

Old 01-03-2005, 07:36 AM   #1
Phoenix

Your favourite road..

and why?
I know which one mine is but I just need to fetch the map to tell you exactly in a min. It's a great monster road as far as i'm concerned and I think Crust and Ade enjoyed it too. It is in the West Highlands. Lovely lefts and rights not a bad surface and best suited to grunty monsters and a backdrop thats lovely if you can bear to stop to look. Sportbikes pah - monsters would eat you for breakfast on this road
Old 01-03-2005, 07:45 AM   #2
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Um, the bit of the A39 from Bideford to Bude springs to mind - some of those bends are grrrrreat! - as long as you dont go when they are silaging etc, cos then its dodge the tractors/mud etc

C
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:06 PM   #3
The Kevlar Kid

The road from Woburn to Leighton Buzzard, cant remember what its called, but it crosses the A5 where Wheels Motorcycles used to be. Loads of bends and some nice fast straights too..... :burnout:
Old 01-03-2005, 01:14 PM   #4
dean

when coming back from the isle of man last year i seem to remember the road connecting chester/wrexham to mid-wales being quite straight but very long and very fast with great visibility. I think it was the A483. Maybe if there are any Gogs read this they could tell me cos i cant wait to go back there!
Old 01-03-2005, 01:49 PM   #5
coolcatshaft

The arrow straight fosse way B4455 from Leicester to Stow, nice long straights that let even my old 1.4 wheezy rover cage to overtake, some nice scenery to boot.

for bends, my favourite local road is the A606 to Nottingham, lovely bends, crests and cambers, but too short, so its all over rather quickly unfortunately!
Old 01-03-2005, 01:57 PM   #6
Duncan

Dont have to go far for mine.

The Wye Valley from Chepstow to Monmouth. Preferably out with a gang of Ducatis on a summer's evening.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:13 PM   #7
Rabbit

We are spoilt for choice in the Pennines but I do like the Isle of Skye road which goes from Greenfield to Holmfirth. There's a bit of everything there, nice twistys and long straights and a mix of good and bad tarmac with the odd wheelie inducing 'hump' thrown in for good measure :burnout: It is often pretty quiet as well.

The only real downer on this road is the sheep and I have hit one, very hard, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone .
Old 01-03-2005, 02:16 PM   #8
The Kevlar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit
We are spoilt for choice in the Pennines but I do like the Isle of Skye road which goes from Greenfield to Holmfirth. The only real downer on this road is the sheep and I have hit one
Don't three old blokes, usually pushing a bathtub or something, get in the way nearer to Holmfirth ??
Old 01-03-2005, 02:38 PM   #9
Lost Again

if your bikes loud enough they generally move out the way in time, to much laughter and comedic leaping of hedges into small streams.

gotta say, from holmfirth to glossop is great fun, then swing a left and your on snakes pass. crackin ride. only problem is i didn;'t know where i was going when i got to sheffield so just ended up blatting back to hudds up the m1.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:05 PM   #10
Bob Dixon

The best kept secret oop North are Cheshires quiet backroads, especially if you take the A50 out of Knutsford and head vaguely in a South Easterly direction.
When all the posers are heading for the Cat and Fiddle, which in my opinion is now virtually unrideable at anything above a gentle bumble, the Cheshire biker can enjoy miles and miles of very fast open country lanes with great visbility and an absence of camera's. It`s the place to be on a summer's evening but I guess it all depends on whether you ride because you want to be seen on your bike or whether you just want to discretely cane the nuts off it with no witnesses.......It ain`t Boxhill or Matlock or the Cat [thank goodness], but it will put a smile on your face.`
Old 01-03-2005, 03:17 PM   #11
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kevlar Kid
Don't three old blokes, usually pushing a bathtub or something, get in the way nearer to Holmfirth ??
Sadly there's only 2 of them left and they tend to keep the bathtub riding to the other side of Holmfirth
Old 01-03-2005, 04:09 PM   #12
The Kevlar Kid

Ahh yes, only two...........

Still a few years back you may have encountered Wally and his 'combination'

That reminds me, I have a picture somewhere of a Monster with a side car
Old 01-03-2005, 04:32 PM   #13
Fodder

For some reason I always loved the A272 from Haywards Heath to Winchester, fast bits, tricky bits, pretty villages and countryside and mostly decent tarmac. An almighty hoon at the end as well after Petersfield over the downs into Winchester.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:40 PM   #14
TLzebub

the A2 antrim coast road bumpy, twisty,great views and especially nw 200 race weekend perfect for twins!!!!
Old 01-03-2005, 05:14 PM   #15
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kevlar Kid

That reminds me, I have a picture somewhere of a Monster with a side car

Side car? - that could be Keith - from the oxford area - he built a sidecar unit for his Monster, and was often out at meets 3 years or so ago
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote