UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Fuels & Oils » I guess this counts as fuels and oils

Old 15-12-2004, 05:53 PM   #1
miked

Question I guess this counts as fuels and oils

Think something is up with the spring return on my throttle - it doesn't return back. I've had the unit apart and coated it liberally with WD40. Anyone tell me where the return spring is - is it at the bar end, or the other end???

Last edited by miked; 15-12-2004 at 06:08 PM..
Old 15-12-2004, 06:08 PM   #2
PaulS

The return spring is attached to the cam where the other end of the throttle cable is attached. It's in between the two throttle bodies in the middle of the engine. Before you do anything with it try loosening off the bar end plug on your right handlebar. A while back my twist grip stiffened up and wouldn't snap back and for some unknown reason the gap between the twistgrip and bar end plug had closed up. I put a washer in between the pug and the bar and it cured the problem. A while later I removed the washer and it seemed to be back to normal again. Strange but true.
Old 15-12-2004, 07:17 PM   #3
DesmoDom

Same thing happened to me with my S4 Paul, for some odd reason the bar end moved in slightly and caught the end of the grip. It had never been knocked or anything, I loosened it off, turned it then tightened it up again and there's been no problems since, Very strange !!!

Baz
Old 15-12-2004, 07:49 PM   #4
miked

Tight end!!!

Thanks for the advice chaps, will try it and see.
Old 16-12-2004, 04:00 PM   #5
MotoNik
Bronze Member

Bike: M600
Also, if you've had the twist-grip assy apart it's entirely possible you've slightly trapped the cable - on pretty much every bike I've had I've managed to do this without meaning to. Often it's just a case of undoing it and re-seating everything again, even if it looks like you've put it together right in the first place.

Nik
MotoNik is offline   Reply With Quote