UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » oberon Slave problem

Old 15-11-2018, 07:05 AM   #1
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
oberon Slave problem

Back in February as soon as i returned from Thailand I ordered a rebuild kit for the Oberon slave on my S4 as it was leaking. all I really needed was 2 very small Orings that where perished but are unobtainium as they are non standard size even if one can get correct grade ,, Oberon dont sell them seperately ..

Oberon sold me a rebuild kit and said it would fit the one they sold me in 2009 including the O rings .

well im back in thailand and there is no way this rebuild kit fits this slave ,the orings are also completely different ,,so I called them up and they now say that the rebuild kit they sold me in April is for 2012 model and later and that they no longer sell spares for earlier slaves ,, ?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! contrary to what they say in their ads .. so now i need a new slave and i have a useless rebuild kit unless they will refund it ???

Less than impressed ,, I can get an MPL one locally for £133 which i will get as i want to enjoy my bike

I have bought a lot of bits from Oberon over the years including 3 slaves but im having 2nd thoughts
Old 15-11-2018, 09:00 PM   #2
Gerry
Bronze Member

Bike: S2r
Hi Jerry

I thought they had a lifetime warranty .....

Manufacturer's Warranty:
Oberon Performance's slave cylinder comes with a lifetime (return to base) warranty as standard - including parts and labour. Units older than 12 months from date of purchase can be returned for a repair/replacement provided a member of Oberon Performance has been contacted prior to shipping, so your details can be logged correctly and supplied with a returns number. Failure to obtain a returns number could invalidate this warranty. Additionally ensure the item has been packaged adequately to ensure no further damage can be incurred and shipping costs from the customer to Oberon Performance will be met by the customer. Oberon Performance reserves the right to reject any warranty should the returned item clearly display evidence of damage, other than natural wear and tear. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 09:02 PM   #3
Gerry
Bronze Member

Bike: S2r
One of the reasons I went for one on the Mult*strad*
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 04:09 PM   #4
jerry
Old Git

Iwill bring This one back to UK and take it to them in March along with the spares kit and let them sort it out
Old 04-12-2018, 11:00 AM   #5
jerry
Old Git

[ookong at my service and spares spreadsheet realised i might have a spare slave to hand so 10 mins rummaging through my spares box I found an old Brembo original star key pattern ducati one ,, which i had refurbed a few years back ,, Fittrd it to the bike and its not leaking so now bile is fully operable hooray can now do some serious miles
and saved me some money

Oberon one will get sorted in March always good to have spares around

Last edited by jerry; 04-12-2018 at 11:02 AM..
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote