UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Greetings from Hong Kong and...

Old 07-06-2015, 12:54 PM   #31
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
THere's not a lot of info on the 400 Monster anywhere, even Falloons Monster bible doesn't have more than a short paragraph on them which mentions production from '94 to '98 so I don't know if they were made after that. It does say that the 400 from 94 to '98 was a monster 600 frame and running gear with the 400 supersport engine and included changes made in line with the 600 monster with the exception of the alternator update to later '98 engines. The fairing and rear tail would suggest a '00 Terblanche facelift model as would the tank graphics, the fairing as you said does not look fitted correctly to the front subframe, siting much higher and the engine cases and belt covers would suggest a much later engine. I'm no marque expert, but sure doesn't look like an early 400 ss engine to me. I'm just quoting what is in the book and I'm sure some one will know more than I do but engine #s mayhelp identify production dates what you actually have. Interesting bike by the looks of it.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 01:56 PM   #32
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Later clocks. Painted clutch cover and rearsets? Seat cowl is only missing if you want one. They usually pop up on ebay or even here quite regularly.

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:01 PM   #33
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Yes, much later I think and rear seat cowl was not included on later 400's so it may have never have had one in the first place. Ebay has plently.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:44 AM   #34
HongKongPhooey

Thanks chaps - very much appreciated!

I have the engine and chassis numbers from the reg docs. If it helps to identify I can pop them on here; I wouldn't know where to start with digging that info up!

Seat cowl and front fairing shopping underway!

Being based on the 600 frame, fair to say anything 600 (bar the engine) would fit ok?
Old 11-06-2015, 10:10 AM   #35
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Watch out for that integrated tail light with indicators.
I've followed bikes with those fitted and the rear indicators aren't very visible.
I'd be considering changing that for a std light and separate indicators to avoid the potential for getting rear-ended or somesuch.
Particularly important if you do lots of miles in heavy traffic.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 07:43 AM   #36
HongKongPhooey

Thanks Utopia - good advice.

I'm not so keen on it, to be honest. Might convert back to standard blinkers on the back. That said, the red LED part of the light is extremely bright.