UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Last Days of Summer....

Old 23-08-2019, 03:58 PM   #1
alan s4

Bike: S4 challenge
Last Days of Summer....

Weekend looks decent for once across the UK. 24 degrees in Glasgow! It's been a bloody awful summer up here so I'm planning a ride up to Knockhill to watch some Scottish Championship racing. My last outing to Knockhill for the BSB in July was freezing and I got totally soaked!!! Hoping for a more enjoyable visit this time.

Anyone else got plans for the weekend?

Enjoy whatever you are doing
alan s4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 08:13 PM   #2
Moco1961

You are right of course Alan, on all counts, miserable summer and its dissapearing fast. It will take me half a day to clean the bike after last Sunday's Yorkshire jaunt so that's on the to do list,looking forward to bridge north next weekend to be honest.enjoy the weekend
Old 23-08-2019, 09:28 PM   #3
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
lucky i have been working offshore last 2 months ,, completely knackers now and missing bikes ,, not booze or women ,, back in YUK next week should be a nice autumn riding season ?????

other wise Thailand and the old S4b will be beckoning
Old 27-08-2019, 09:05 AM   #4
Uncle Bob

Bike: M1100evo
We went to Silverstone for MotoGP. In stark contrast to last year, when we sat in the grandstand all bloody day for nothing (we did get a full refund though), this time it was too flippin hot!

We should be grateful for warm sunny days I guess, but pushing 32 degrees whilst sitting astride a Monster and filtering through slow moving traffic isn't my idea of a pleasant ride! Fortunately, traffic was surprisingly light for most of the journey.

The day was superb mostly though. I say mostly, as we stood for an hour in the queue to stash our leathers and lids while the nice folk that were 'running' it faffed about, meaning we completely missed the Moto3 race. Not happy. The feature race made up for it though. You really have to be at a race to fully appreciate how much Marc Marquez is disliked (hated)!

Silverstone isn't my favourite circuit. It's so flippin vast for one thing. We walked 10k!!

Oh, and don't get me started on the dust...
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote