UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Manchester/Lancs/Yorks Ride

Old 18-08-2019, 08:27 PM   #16
Moco1961

Yorkshire tea

Well, what a fantastic day out guys,something different for us, new territory, BRD, great to see you and thanks for leading us through some amazing routes.

Ill post a pic or two tomorrow, in recovery mode now......Chianti bottle has already gone, just "found" a pino Grigio", anyway I digress, paul(BRD) suggests we do it all again before the end of the season, yes please!

Brilliant meet up location, thanks Chris, at the abbey tea rooms, amazingly quiet considering the location, route was amazing, we arrived at places en route about 5 minutes after heavy rain, roads wet and flooded but not raining, ( bike still filthy though ).

Paul , please rest assured I will not hold it against you that you appear to have got the last broccoli soup ........ But I will make sure I am at least one in front in the queue next time.

Members in Yorkshire, please come to the next one, we had a blast and what you have over there..inYorkshire...is amazing!

Thanks for a great day out.......And relax!

Ps as a foot note, Mark and I his some severe weather south of Ormskirk, everything leaked !,,,, my kit is Ixs and rst, is this normal? , waterproof it Ain't!

Last edited by Moco1961; 18-08-2019 at 08:29 PM..
Old 18-08-2019, 08:37 PM   #17
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Sounds like a great day out.
Have you re proofed your waterproofs?
Any textiles I'm aware of require re proofing every couple of years or so.
Have a look at the nitwax site. Their products are recommended by many waterproof manufacturers.
I may still have the instructions from Lindstrand of how to treat a waterproof if you would like a copy.
Old 18-08-2019, 08:44 PM   #18
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Sounds like you had a blast. You never know, you might manage to get some Yorkshire members out of the woodwork if you do it again?

I remember an epic ride across Ilkley Moor on a thunderous Autumn night, on an Ajay combo. The lights weren't great on that bike, but I could tell the difference between the roads and the rivers, because the roads didn't have trees tumbling down them...I kid you not.

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 01-09-2019 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: Spelling comment removed for Grumpy..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 08:51 PM   #19
Moco1961

Wet but happy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Sounds like a great day out.
Have you re proofed your waterproofs?
Any textiles I'm aware of require re proofing every couple of years or so.
Have a look at the nitwax site. Their products are recommended by many waterproof manufacturers.
I may still have the instructions from Lindstrand of how to treat a waterproof if you would like a copy.
......James , you know me now mate,I wore it when we rode over to see the Lancaster this kit and is less than 12 months old, I am an ex Munro bagger, I tried gortex and it sucks, I am a huge fan of Palermo kit. Always dry whatever the weather.

Granted the downpours we were subjected too were severe but, boots leaked , jacket leaked and trousers leaked!

Last edited by Moco1961; 19-08-2019 at 11:11 AM..
Old 18-08-2019, 08:54 PM   #20
Moco1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
He means Nikwax..

Sounds like you had a blast. You never know, you might manage to get some Yorkshire members out of the woodwork if you do it again?

I remember an epic ride across Ilkley Moor on a thunderous Autumn night, on an Ajay combo. The lights weren't great on that bike, but I could tell the difference between the roads and the rivers, because the roads didn't have trees tumbling down them...I kid you not.
Gary, that's the idea mate, let's get members who don't have theopportinity to meet and get out no about to meet those in adjacent regions....
Old 18-08-2019, 08:59 PM   #21
Moco1961

Quote:
He means Nikwax..

Guys, this is new kit that I have , all purchased within the last 18 months, it should do what it says on the packet !
Old 18-08-2019, 09:09 PM   #22
ChrisC2925

Bike: M600
Definitely well worth the effort get out today, 2 great watering holes, good company and fantastic scenery. Other than some wind & drizzle up over the moors at Hebden to Grassington and the rain starting in Preston it was warm & sunny for the most part so thanks to my 3 companions and hopefully next time we are over there again we'll get a few more monsters to rattle the windows of the natives.
ChrisC2925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 09:17 PM   #23
Moco1961

Chris, you're a star mate, thanks to Jane for the beacon butties and to you for leading us through the maze that is alternatively known as Preston ! After you turned right at the Hesketh arms, my word, the rain was biblical, I have never been so happy to see a garage..... By the way that's 180 miles before the light goes on
Old 19-08-2019, 12:12 PM   #24
ChrisC2925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco1961 View Post
Chris, you're a star mate, thanks to Jane for the beacon butties and to you for leading us through the maze that is alternatively known as Preston ! After you turned right at the Hesketh arms, my word, the rain was biblical, I have never been so happy to see a garage..... By the way that's 180 miles before the light goes on
Such restraint of the right wrist!
Old 01-09-2019, 05:28 PM   #25
Moco1961

pics at last

[IMG]DSC_0583[/IMG]

Chris and Paul debate whether a climb is a good idea before lunch
Old 01-09-2019, 05:33 PM   #26
Moco1961

best modified on tour

[IMG]DSC_0576[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC_0569[/IMG]

breakfast is served
Old 01-09-2019, 05:57 PM   #27
ChrisC2925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco1961 View Post
[IMG]DSC_0576[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC_0569[/IMG]

breakfast is served
Worthy of a slot on the calendar??
Old 01-09-2019, 06:07 PM   #28
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I can't believe BRD took it out with those black clouds floating around..
Old 01-09-2019, 06:44 PM   #29
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
I can't believe BRD took it out with those black clouds floating around..
Neither can I!

The bike has clearly taken revenge, I have been suffering a chest infection, much coughing & spluttering & very little sleep this week.

And the bike is still filthy.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:36 PM   #30
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
That looks great, BRD. The Imola 72 paint works really well with the grey frame. It's amazing how a different colour scheme can totally change the look of the bike.

(And I'm sure it'll be spotless again real soon!)
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote