UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » I want! » A longer brake pedal

Old 27-06-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
NewMon
Titanium Member

Bike: M600
A longer brake pedal

Since getting some new boots, I find it difficult to reach the brake pedal (my right leg is slightly twisted to the right due to a skateboarding accident in my youth). Has anyone any ideas about extending the pedal? I'd go as far as considering replacing the whole assembly as I don't need pillion pegs.
NewMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2008, 12:20 PM   #2
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Ducati Performance or S&P rearsets are adjustable for the distance from footrest to the toe-peg on both sides, using eccentric adjusters. Sadly the cheap RaceSuppliesDirect ones on eBay aren't.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2008, 12:24 PM   #3
NewMon
Titanium Member

Ah, I didn't explain properly. it isn't the distance from footrest to pedal that is a problem - it is the length of the toe-peg itself. At the moment I am having to turn my foot inwards to reach it. With the old boots, it wasn't a problem as they were no better than slippers! With the Alpinestars, the flexibility in the foot has gone and I'm frequently just missing the toe-peg.
Old 27-06-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Aha, that makes sense, I was wondering how small your feet where!?
I guess you could just unscrew the toe-peg and replace i with a bit of threaded bar with some rubber tube around it.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2008, 02:49 PM   #5
NewMon
Titanium Member

That sounds reasonable and simple. Will check it out this weekend. Thanks.
Old 27-06-2008, 03:13 PM   #6
JimmyF

let me know if you replace the brake pedal and have it spare, I dropped my bike today and need a new one. oh, and a brake lever and standard bar end if anyone has these? cheers
Old 27-06-2008, 04:26 PM   #7
NewMon
Titanium Member

Will do but I expect I will just have a short toe-peg left over. I hope to resuse the rubber bit.
Old 27-06-2008, 08:08 PM   #8
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Whats the pin diameter on the 900 levers?? Got some 12mm ones off my IE that might fit, the new dog leg adjustables I now have are much better tho'
Old 27-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #9
tasminracer

Bike: M695
Id be interested on your solution... Im finding a similar problem with the brake leaver on my 695.

It doesnt stick out as far as the gear leaver, and I have to twist my foot in to catch it, and its easy to miss the edge. Not good if you need a quick bit of rear brake.

Its a new bike and not been dropped, and doesnt look bent or anything so are they all like that?

G
tasminracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2008, 08:43 AM   #10
NewMon
Titanium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasminracer View Post
Id be interested on your solution... Im finding a similar problem with the brake leaver on my 695.

It doesnt stick out as far as the gear leaver, and I have to twist my foot in to catch it, and its easy to miss the edge. Not good if you need a quick bit of rear brake.

Its a new bike and not been dropped, and doesnt look bent or anything so are they all like that?

G
I guess they are. I never noticed the problem until now. Have you got 'restrictive' boots? Does the problem go away if you wear, say, trainers. Anyway, it is nice to know someone else has the same problem and I'm not a total twisted leg freak!
Old 15-07-2008, 09:37 PM   #11
NewMon
Titanium Member

Update on this. All is now well. The boots have softened up or I've got used to them or something. It was interesting how disconnected and awkward I felt wearing new boots. Big ups to Alpinestarts though - very quick bedding in.