UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Wicked by name, wicked by nature...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-04-2004, 01:57 PM   #1
SazzaG

Wicked by name, wicked by nature...

Been phoning around for renewal quotes. A brief history:

Was only TPFT with H&R last year, with the bike in boyfriend's name as I hadn't passed my test. Paying about £600

Decided to go for Fully Comp this year (less worry), so phoned H&R for a renewal quote. He's got 1 year NCB for the Monster, and also a 1 year certificate (from H&R) for the R6 that we sold in November.

H&R gave quote of £500 (bit steep), but would only include 1 year NCB because "the two policies overlapped". I explained that although the policies overlapped, the no claims period didn't, as the R6 no claims was for 1st May 2002-2003, and the Monster insurance started on 15th May 2003. They didn't care.

So, phoned Wicked Quotes, went to great lengths to explain the NCB saga "No problem" said the girl. Quoted £313! OK, there's a £300 excess, but that seems to be pretty standard these days. Can't complain really, as I've only had my licence a year (and he's only had his for 2 years)

Just waiting for Insuremyducati to call me back, but I'll be pretty impressed if they significantly beat that.

Saz