UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » What would you do?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-04-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
Jaron

What would you do?

Hi all,

Recently took my bike to Ducati Wandsworth, a small set up but solely dedicated to everything Duacti. Simply put my bike had a starting problem.
The guy there had hurt himself quite badly, continued to work but this resulted in him having my Monster for almost four weeks. It received various new parts and although the bike did now start it still took quite a while. Ducati Wandsworth promised that me putting in a new good quality battery would solve this as the old one had been killed as it was always trying to start for long time.
I got a new Yuas battery. Bike still takes quite a while to start from cold but after it has warmed up (the bike, not the weather), it starts with just one push of the button.
My worry was the starter gear being damaged and battery draining again with it still taking so bloody long to start from cold.
I took it back, he has vaguely suggested a few other things that it could be and it's going back in two weeks. Should I pay for new work to be done? I feel quite miffed that the original work cost me nearly £300 and it's still not right. He even agreed that we were back where we started and that it could damage the starter gear.