UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » m750 chromo

Old 25-04-2009, 06:36 AM   #1
daz7505

m750 chromo

this is my m750, not actually got it yet as only bought it on tuesday, and waiting for new belts to be put on before collecting it, once home, i will take some other pics and post them up.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 25-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #2
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
nice, that tank might need some polishing, shiney shiney
________
Lamborghini 350gtv history

Last edited by uksurfer; 01-04-2011 at 12:29 AM..
uksurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 09:08 AM   #3
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Bike: M900
Cool

Nice shiney tank, it would look great with a carbon mudguard and seat cover!

Yorkie.
Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #4
daz7505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
Nice shiney tank, it would look great with a carbon mudguard and seat cover!

Yorkie.
they are carbon, with red and gold overlaid. but with carbon still showing. infact every piece of plastic as been replaced with lovely black gold.
Old 27-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #5
chris yeatman
I still have the s4r!

Bike: S4r
i like the tank.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #6
daz7505

right, i need some help. this is my first monster, always wanted one and now at last finally got one.

i have been looking thru the history of the bike, i thought that the tank was off a 900 chromo, but all the history i do have states silver for the main c0lour of the bike. did ducati ever do a m750 with the chrome tank as standard or as a special editon, i can find info on m900 chromos, but nothng for a m750 chromo.

also the vin number, is quite unique in my opinion. all the standard multitude of jumbled letters and numbers, then the last six is 000748, which happens to be the correct cc of my bike. is this just pure coincedence.

also front brakes are twin, not single. been told that the front carbon mudgaurd is from an s4 and the clock set which i removed and replaced with an acewell is also off an s4, could any one tell me by looking at the pic if the forks and therefore the everything attached to the forks are from an s4. or do i have a limited/special edition m750 which the front end is standard for my bike?????

if you can see anything else on my bike which is non standard i would be gratefull if they are pointed out to me, and yes i already know i have aftermarket cans before any one mentions it.

or does anyone recognise my monster.

Last edited by daz7505; 04-05-2009 at 09:20 PM..
Old 04-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #7
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
OK, at a best guess....

The Chromo was never put on the 750 that I know of so a previous owner has added it.

Without know the age of the bike, it looks like it's had later fork fitted to upgrade to twin disc hence the change of mudgaurd - the later bikes use a plastic clip around the forks to mount the guard

You also appear to have S4 wheels, 5 spoke Marchesinis, very nice and well worth keeping! The tea tray also looks like it's off a later bike too.

It may sound like a bit of a bitsa but what you have is a bike with what I'd consider as upgrades. Providing the chassis and engine numbers match the paperwork then you're ok!

Ped
Old 04-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #8
daz7505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
OK, at a best guess....

The Chromo was never put on the 750 that I know of so a previous owner has added it.

Without know the age of the bike, it looks like it's had later fork fitted to upgrade to twin disc hence the change of mudgaurd - the later bikes use a plastic clip around the forks to mount the guard

You also appear to have S4 wheels, 5 spoke Marchesinis, very nice and well worth keeping! The tea tray also looks like it's off a later bike too.

It may sound like a bit of a bitsa but what you have is a bike with what I'd consider as upgrades. Providing the chassis and engine numbers match the paperwork then you're ok!

Ped
its a 98 r plate, the wheels do have marchesinis on plus brembo. seen loads of monsters, but never with a chrome tank, and when i first seen this one in the shop, it was a case of i had to have it. i hate chrome, always have done but it just looks so right on my bike. there isnt anything i want to change at all on my bike apart from the clocks which i have already changed to an acewell unit as i already had it for my classic mini but sold it a few weeks ago before i fitted them. the rev counter did not work on the 's4' non digital clocks that where on my bike. just need to put 2 leds on, 1 for battery and one for low fuel.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

The 750 never came with 5 spokes and they will be marked up with Brembo as well as they own Marchesini. Wheel swap is a common upgrade and a good one as the Marchesinis are a good bit lighter
Old 04-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #10
daz7505

so therefore i have a ducati monster m750/s4/m900 chromo/etc/etc lol

at end of day, i ****ing love it.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:45 AM   #11
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Nice bike

There's an article about the 1997 monster here which gives an indication of standard spec for that year. My guess is someone has raided a later S4 or 900 for parts (Forks, brakes, wheels, mudguard, indicators, teatray etc..) to up-grade the 750, with the chromo tank also coming from a later spec 900. The give away is the slight miss-match on seat to tank fitting. Earlier seats & tanks have a different shape both there, and at the knee cut-outs, which has led to the slight gap at seat on yours.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...ter-14353.html

Anyway, enjoy your new purchase and welcome to the UKMOC family

Last edited by gary tompkins; 05-05-2009 at 04:02 PM..
gary tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:05 AM   #12
giler

Very nice - if you ever get fed up polishing the tank.........
Old 05-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #13
animaluk

yeah only 900 and s4 came out in the cromo guise

the s4 being a smaller run than the 900

Things of note do not drop as i did (replacement tank is 2k) and was only one left which i had for the s4 dont know about the

the origanal cromo came with black body work and silver belt covers which are indeed all carbon fibre, having had ray and rosso course looks mine and there is lots of little special details on the s4 cromo its basiclly and uprated version on the standard s4

I love mine in sure you will love yours
Old 05-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #14
daz7505

Quote:
Originally Posted by animaluk View Post

Things of note do not drop as i did (replacement tank is 2k) and was only one left which i had for the s4 dont know about the
so what your saying is that my tank is worth more than i paid for my bike lol
Old 05-05-2009, 02:24 PM   #15
slob

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz7505 View Post
so what your saying is that my tank is worth more than i paid for my bike lol
They'd *cost* more than you paid (they're *worth* what someone is willing to pay for them) the wheels, brakes and exhaust pipes combined are that much again too.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote