UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » half way there

Old 24-03-2009, 10:43 PM   #16
Pomp1

with venhill you can build your own lines to measure (and color) use a bit of wire to mock them and measure them up..
Old 24-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #17
simons

Not sure if S2Rs are anything like my 1000Sie, but when I installed clip ons i did not think there was a need to change the brake lines. They were a little longer but did not foul on anything so I left alone.
Lovely looking bike littlejimmy, looks like marcus' old bike
Old 25-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #18
littlejimmy12

"looks like marcus old bike" that is tall praise indeed, I'll confess I have pics of his in my collection of monnies as a source for ideas.
Old 26-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #19
scrapps

The bike looks great
I used goodridge "biuld a line" for my front brakes.the lines are pre make in 25mm inc and then just pick the bolts and adaptors as you need.
my local bike shop stock them so i just took the bike to them then sat outside and biult what i wanted then paid for the bits used.(they even let me use there vac thingy to pull the new fluid thru)
Old 26-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #20
simons

If you are lowering the headlamp and taking it all apart, i think black powder to headlamp/brackets and yokes looks rather nice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg duc nice side.jpg (31.9 KB, 43 views)
Old 26-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #21
simons

another one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg duc nice front.jpg (32.6 KB, 39 views)
Old 26-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #22
gremlin

sorry to say it again, black anodise ... the yokes and headlight brackets can all be done. powdercoat looks too heavy imoa..
Old 26-03-2009, 04:05 PM   #23
scrapps

My yokes are powder coated and look fine,i did away with the whole light/clock set up.
used studding to hold clocks on (sat on rubber washers) and bought after market brackets.
checkout the result on the scrapps 900ie thread.
Old 27-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #24
littlejimmy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapps View Post
My yokes are powder coated and look fine,i did away with the whole light/clock set up.
used studding to hold clocks on (sat on rubber washers) and bought after market brackets.
checkout the result on the scrapps 900ie thread.
innovative work there, admire the fact that you haven't 'purchased' your modifications as such, anyone can buy up the Rizoma catolougue and create a generic 'monster mod bike' to do what you've done on a budget is awesome. Imagine if you didn't have a budget!!
Old 27-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #25
scrapps

Thanks for your kind words. as you say lots of people just throw large amounts of money at there bikes and end up getting the same bits as all the others.
i dont have said cash so just did the best i could with my budget. i will do some more bits as time and money is found but i will always try to be a bit different.
I picked the paul smart colours as when at the belgium record weekend i did not see any bikes with that sort of look(a few nice cafe racer)
Old 27-03-2009, 04:36 PM   #26
gremlin

That was the ethos on my bike, zero budget so everything has been done by us. Anyone can buy off the peg stuff and end up with a generic "customisation". I think it's far better to do your own thing and make it personal to you. I don't care if people hate what we've done, she's how I wanted her, some of the mods are to make my life easier and others because we can, she's been Clives experimental project. Since she's been done the only times she's been out people have stopped to look and ask questions which is quite cool. She'll be a work in progress for a while as and when we have money.
Also I don't think it matters too much if you physically don't have the know how, as long as you have the vision of what you want, there is always someone who can help to put it into practice. Lots of our mates have custom bikes, some have been really innovative, I can remember one having a bit out of a coffee percolator to make a filter or muffler or something because it was the only thing that would fit! It was a stunning bike and until it was pointed out nobody would have known. You always have those who buy everything and the shed dwellers who make do with what they've got or make something different out of what they've got but that's biking. I'm happy to have a shed dweller cos whatever we have will be unique and homemade.

Last edited by gremlin; 27-03-2009 at 05:44 PM..
Old 27-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #27
littlejimmy12

I envy the shed dwellers, I wish I had a shed and the skill!! but as you pointed out there's always an abundance of willing friendly enthusiastic helpfull souls around to lend a hand. I think sometimes its good to remember what the whole point of getting that licence was - freedom, pleasure of the open road and like minded fellow bikers who share the passion, not for a flash bike but for the pure enjoyment of riding.
Old 28-03-2009, 11:28 AM   #28
gremlin

Shed dwellers are wonderful creatures, just don't try living with one! Most of the bikers I've met have been wonderful people, really helpful and supportive when things don't go to plan. I think there is also the cameraderie due to the fact we are a minority, often persecuted for our lifestyle choice and also vulnerable to the box drivers, bit like wildebeest, we don't know who will fall victim next so we stick together!
Can't wait to see the next stage anyway.