UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Let down by Rosso Corse - where else to get a service in London?

Old 27-11-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
Clo1984

Let down by Rosso Corse - where else to get a service in London?

So I turned up at Rosso Corse this morning at 10.15 or so to drop my bike off for it's pre-arranged service (spoke to them on Tues/ wed) and no one was there! Phone just rang out (i could hear it from where i stood outside huddled against the cold..)

Anyway, waited for over and hour then finally gave up. Made my way to work VERY late, almost too cold to stay on my bike and not in the best of moods.

SO...I was wondering if anyone had an opion on a) whether this is just a one off and i should just re-book with them or b) whether there is somewhere else that would be good to take it in London (i'm North london so would like something as close as poss). I've heard bad things about Metropolis and Daytona so just really unsure

Appreciate any pointers,

A cold and unhappy Clo
Old 27-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #2
rac3r

probably just a one off. Most on here swear by RC they are pretty good, there was a whole thread on it
Old 27-11-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
Paivi

Brett (if he's still there) at Daytona King's Cross is very good and reliable.

I swear by Ducati Proteam, though, but used Brett for my warranty services, and found him to be a very nice chap.
Old 27-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #4
Scootaboy

I think it was just a one off - I've had no problems with them and most people on here swear by them. Maybe they had a family emergency or something? Give them a call to get their explanation (though they should probably call you)
Old 27-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #5
Clo1984

I've called them all morning - no answer. They've have my mobile since Tuesday (so they could have called to cancel) and i left a note this morning. Will try and give them the benfit of the doubt (I'll probably feel more charitable when / if i eventually thaw out!)
Old 27-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
Diego

prob just a one off. something must have happened or maybe its just a slipup. they do do the best service in town though.

nonetheless bummer to be on the receiving end of this....it must have been very annoying for you Clo.
i would give em a bell later in the day, ask what happened and rebook...
Old 27-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #7
Scott1

Sometimes they don't get there till really late due to crap traffic, mainly Blackwall Tunnell issues. no excuse for not picking up the phone but its very unusal, I'm sure there's a good reason, would definitley stick with them, they are damn good at what they do.
Old 27-11-2009, 03:30 PM   #8
gregski

I just dial the number to Rosso Corse and answer machine told me that they are at some kind of motor show today or I might misunderstood the massage.
Old 27-11-2009, 03:50 PM   #9
Clo1984

They told me they were at NEC yesterday and back today...grr!
Old 27-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #10
gregski

I never use them but heard a lot of good staff about this garage. you can always call proteam in kent and they can pick the bike up for free. I known they will be in central London on Tuesday morning to pick up my monster maybe they will have space for two ??
Old 27-11-2009, 05:55 PM   #11
seby

they are nice guys there
Old 27-11-2009, 10:19 PM   #12
benson

Imagine this is a one off - call and talk it over - meanwhile it's a long time since I've been anywhere near so when you do call them send my best!!!
Old 28-11-2009, 10:50 AM   #13
Unit 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgreg777 View Post
I never use them but heard a lot of good staff about this garage. you can always call proteam in kent and they can pick the bike up for free. I known they will be in central London on Tuesday morning to pick up my monster maybe they will have space for two ??
Unfortunately Matts already picking two up.
Regards, Al.
Old 28-11-2009, 08:37 PM   #14
pegboy

Yep give them a call, i'm sure there is a valid reason, they are very experienced Duke mob they are well worth it, I do alot of the work on my bike myself and get most of my parts there and they are great always giving advice on how to carry out the job any trick bits to be carefull of etc etc personally would not go anywhere else.
Old 29-11-2009, 09:09 AM   #15
craigie
Only bronze?

Bike: M900
Ray and Marcus were unavoidably detained after an overzealous jobsworth of a security guard at the NEC made a very simple situation very complicated, involving the police and meaning that neither of could be where they wanted or able to call anyone on Friday.

My pointer would be to change the title of this thread as it is a bit damning of a small company on the big internet.
craigie is offline   Reply With Quote