UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Urgent help. Is this a good offer for my M1100?

Old 06-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
Urgent help. Is this a good offer for my M1100?

I bought my M1100 in November 2010 for about £8400. Since then I've ridden almost 15,000 miles on it and added a few hundred pounds of tat (sorry, bling). At the end of March I crashed it. Pro Twins are repairing the bike for my insurer and have just offered me a brand new M1100 evo if I give them my bike and £1000. The list price for a new evo is £9250.

Is this a good deal?
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
I think that's a definite bargain with that many miles on your bike.

Can you nick back some of the bling for the new bike ?

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
Scott1

Unless you're very attached to the M1100 I'd bite their hand off.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
SunEye

I'll have to discuss nicking back some of the bling, like the LED indicators (not yet fitted) to put on the evo. I'd also like back the brand new clutch plate (not yet fitted) and S4R rearsets (not yet fitted) to sell on ebay . The crash bungs, mirrors, bar grips and bar ends were all damaged in the crash and I don't think I can ask for the tail tidy back

I know it seems like a very good deal, that's why I'm asking, just thought I must have missed something obvious that made it less of a deal than it appears to be.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
J.P
No more Monster...

Cover all the bases with your questions to them, and see if the new bike has already been registered, but other than that, £1,000 for 7 months and 15,000 miles riding just seems great.
Maybe they're trying to get their new sales up...

Old 06-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #6
SunEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P View Post
Cover all the bases with your questions to them, and see if the new bike has already been registered, but other than that, £1,000 for 7 months and 15,000 miles riding just seems great.
Maybe they're trying to get their new sales up...
It was 16 months and 7 days of riding before I binned it.

So I may have a brand new evo for my trip to Spain in the summer
Old 06-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #7
J.P
No more Monster...

Sorry, got my years wrong. Definitely bite their arm off.

Better get it run in before your trip

Old 06-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
SunEye

Job done. I will become the owner of a brand new red Monster 1100 EVO at the start of July
Old 06-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #9
Char
We're all mad here

Nice one - every cloud and all that
Old 06-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #10
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
May I be the first to offer you a congratulatory grin.......
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #11
J.P
No more Monster...

1.52 pm to 3.49 pm. That's a nice quick decision. Well done.

So now you just have to decide how much you're going to change the new bike !
New exhaust.
ECU remapping
14 Tooth front Sprocket

Those would be my wish list.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #12
SunEye

Had to make the decision today. I'm driving down from Sheffield to Bognor (via Farnborough) tomorrow and have lots to do on Friday before going to France on Saturday.

I just needed confirmation from the folk here that it was as good an offer as it appeared to be.

I have some Melotti LED indicators that never got fitted to the M1100. I also think that the touring seat from the M1100 will fit the EVO. So they'll probably be the first things to fit.

I did like my fake Rizoma Tomok mirrors so I might get another pair for about £40. The sale of my unused GiaMoto clutch pressure plate should pay for those I may also put some new brake and clutch levers and dark screen on. Those are cheap mods. The levers are about £25 and the screen is free because I have the original from my M1100 which I'll paint the inside of. I've got some S4R rearsets to sell which will pay for the levers and maybe some other bling.

I'll do my summer tour to southern Spain before I make any performance related mods, but a 14 tooth front sprocket is likely to come at the bike's first service at the end of August

Don't think I can afford much more bling. I can't afford the £1000 to buy the EVO, but it was too good an offer to refuse. I'll be selling everything I own on ebay over the next few months to pay for it. I'm sure I have no need for a bed, sofa, clothes, etc.

Now I just need to tell the other half. Luckily she's French so she understands the need to buy lovely Italian things In her case it's shoes and handbags. If a €300 pair of shoes is a must buy bargain for €200 then an EVO for £1000 is essential

TBH she's lovely to me. Nothing but sympathy when I crashed the M1100. She was more upset than I was.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #13
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Well done. Its a hard decision but a good one to accept. The EVO is a very nice bike to ride. Its a perfect all rounder in my 2 hour test ride. I would have swapped the 1100s for one if asked. Maybe not now though as I want to keep it forever.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #14
Funkatronic
another year another bike

Bike: S2r 1000
great deal

pegboy and I saw your bike at pro twins quite a lot since your crash (been spending quite a bit of time in sunny godstone of late) didnt look too bad outwardly tbh

wish i'd been offered something like that for my s2r1000 :-(

enjoy the lovely EVO
Funkatronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #15
SunEye

Yeah not too much wrong with it. The damage was seized gear selector, cracked tank panel, bust foot peg, bent handlebars and lots of small scratches to bar ends, grips, mirrors, crash bungs, exhaust can, forks, front mudguard, etc. Could be back on the road for a few hundred, but a lot more than that to restore it to before crash condition, which is why I decided to claim on the insurance.

Someone has probably seen my bike and wants to buy it so Pro Twins need to repair it as per the insurance requirements (i.e. back to standard config) then I need to part exchange it for an EVO so Pro Twins then own my bike and can sell it.

The deal is good for me because I paid so little for the bike initially and have done 15,000 miles on it. I can't complain. I'm sure Pro Twins are making a profit so they are happy. They know that they'll service my EVO and that I do a lot of miles so they'll continue to earn from me. The new owner of my bike will be happy to have a lovely 18 month old M1100 that has been thras... sorry, ridden gently in all weath... sorry, only dry miles, and only crashed once and dropped once and had a garage door closed on it once. Everyone's a winner , but maybe I come out of it the best