UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » CRMC Donnington 19th of August

Old 10-07-2014, 08:22 PM   #1
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
CRMC Donnington 19th of August

The CRMC have their classic bike festival over the weekend of the 8th/9th/10th of august,

For the past couple of years, Capo,Utopia and myself have popped along on the sunday.
Its a day of racing, both competitive and display with an interesting mix of bikes on display.Last year the head lining bike was The Brittan. The was also over 15 RG500's parading on the track. Its a great day out for petrol heads!

Capo,and myself are heading to Donnington on sunday the 10th.
Who fancies a day out around castrol R and two stoke oil!

We normally leave Wisbech and head across country, via Melton Mowbray to the track.
We can meet people along the route, or at the track.

Please add your name below, if interested.

Grumpy
Capo
Old 10-07-2014, 08:37 PM   #2
Fatal

Im at Cadwell the weekend before doing a trackday, which is part of their 80th Birthday.
If I can get another day pass, off the gaffa then I'll be there

Grumpy
Capo
Fatal
Old 10-07-2014, 09:32 PM   #3
Flip

Bike: M900
Yep I'll be there again racing my little Mach1 (assuming I can sort out the mis-fire it developed on the first lap of my last race at Brands at the weekend).
I'll be camped up in the lower 'grassy paddock' so please feel free to pop by and say hello.

If the past couple of years are anything to go by it'll be a great weekend with plenty to see and do, with grass track, static displays, the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight along with all the on track action and parades.

If you're going on the Saturday and have ever fancied a go in a racing side car outfit they are doing the 'Sidecar Taxi Rides' again this year after the racing finishes with the money for a ride going to charity.

It's difficult to pick a highlight for this year as not everything is finalised yet but contenders are the 500GP Konig, H2R Kwak, the Honda six's are always good to see out on track and of course Revin' Kevin Schwantz will be there riding something.

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/even...sented-by-xfx/

Grumpy
Capo
Fatal
Flip

Last edited by Flip; 10-07-2014 at 10:46 PM..
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:52 PM   #4
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
I'll be there again this year too.
Had a truly excellent day last year.
There are so many wonderful racing bikes to see (and hear !!) and at very close quarters too.
Couldn't begin to list them......but I'm a particular sucker for the early 70s big 2-strokes.
I think that, along with the Fenman Classic Show (the following weekend) this was my favourite biking outing of last year.
Definitely recommended.

And this year, I'll know where to find you, Flip.

Grumpy
Capo
Fatal
Flip
Utopia
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote