UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » I want! » M900 wire spoked wheels

Old 05-11-2019, 03:51 PM   #1
andrzej

Bike: M900
M900 wire spoked wheels

I'm looking for m900 wire spoked wheels

Akront, RoadRacing, WiWo
andrzej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 05:16 PM   #2
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
I think spoked wheels can be a good look on the classic Monster

I believe the stock spoked wheels from the Sport Classic range will fit the original Monsters, either as a straight swop or, if not, with minimal modification. (Some more research needed there). If they do fit, you could try on the other Ducati forums to see if any Sport Classic owners have any second-hand wheels available.

Ducatiparts.it have a number of Alpina sets available for around €1,550.

https://www.ducatiparts.it/STORE/en/...alpina+monster
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:55 AM   #3
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r
I doubt you'll find a set of sportclassic wheels easily, even the steel rimmed GT1000 wheels are like rocking horse poo, and they command very high prices too, you'd be better finding out the sizes involved and sourcing elsewhere.
If you have the money to spend then Kineo and Alpina do a set of wheels with sportclassic fittings(read Ducati standard) which have the benefit over the OE ones of being airtight and taking tubeless tyres directly with no need of inner tubes, they are pricey but all your running gear should be compatible. When you factor in replacing lots of little parts against a bolt on solution the high prices will get a bit closer to the overall price of sourcing new supplementry bits to match a new set of wheels.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:11 AM   #4
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
By the way, I don't know what year your 900 is but be aware that the earlier models have 17mm front wheel axles while later models run 25mm.

The Sport Classic and Alpina wheels I mentioned will be for 25mm axles.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:25 PM   #5
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
I have a pair of spoked wheels from a Sport Classic (which are not for sale as eventually they will end up on my S4). With the chromed steel rims they are heavier than both the standard 3 spoke on an M900 and 5 spoke Marchesinis on the S4
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 03:41 PM   #6
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
IIRC the Sport Classic uses sliding calipers because the standard 4 pots will foul the spokes on the front wheel. Not sure by how much and if they could be shaved? The Alpinas don't have this issue, I think you can use the standard 4 pot goldline calipers and discs with these and the Kineo ones too.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2019, 08:46 AM   #7
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r
Sportclassics use the two piston calipers that were fitted to the S2r800 and a few more models, goldlines can be shaved if needed. Might be worth investigating scrambler wheels as though they will still be hard to find it is a current model so will probably be easier to source than SC parts which has now been out of production for ten years.