UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Blackening Stainless Steel

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-12-2021, 05:52 PM   #1
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Blackening Stainless Steel

I've just had a small batch of stainless bits chemically blackened for a customer's commission. The process is also know as "Black Anodising" somewhat misleadingly.

I know this will be of interest to Grumpy as he was considering doing this to the fasteners on his Monster.

Almost any size or shape of part can be done and it can also be done to steel although the places that do steel blackening can't always do stainless

The finish is matt on the plain nuts and bolts, it comes out more satin on the polished parts.

I had this done at MP Eastern at Trinity road, Lowestoft. https://www.mpeastern.co.uk/ Call 01502 573 047.
Their minimum charge is £75+vat and my batch was way under that, so if you're considering this, make sure to get everything together and do it in one batch as a bike's worth still won't go over the minimum charge.
Turnaround is 7-10 days and I'm pleased with the quality and service, in fact they're very nice people to deal with.. Only yards from where we set off on the Coast to Coast run, in fact we rode past it.

I also found another company offering this service with a 3 day turnaround but a £125+vat minimum charge. That is Century Heat Treatments in Birmingham. https://www.centuryhtp.co.uk/staybla...caAo2fEALw_wcB
I didn't use them as my small batch would not have been cost effective.