UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » I thought I would restore this just for the hell of it

Old 26-10-2016, 07:47 PM   #46
emzedder

Bike: Other Ducati
I have considered adapting the bike more for track use, I have done Classic Trackdays on my MZ and TA125 rep in UK and really enjoyed it. The little Duke would be great for that. Some friends of mine do French classic events that are very accommodating for this type of class ... and more liberal noise control (what was Euro harmonisation all about?).

I'm over 6' 2" (imperial measurements) so big for a tiny 250 but hey, who cares ... I was doing same 40 years ago!
emzedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2016, 08:00 PM   #47
Dookbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post
OUCH!
Point taken- my only experience of these bikes is of my little racer and that had all the kick start and charging parts removed back in it's distant past- It has been a race bike most (if not all) of it's life.

I know this relates directly to the 24 Horas bikes and therefore Narrowcase frame and motor it is very much relevant to the Spanish made Mototrans and if perhaps one of the best photo restorations I have seen on a Bevel drive single- Google Translate will be your friend

http://ducati25024horas.blogspot.co.uk/

The article on the motor is well worth looking at to see what goes on in there:

http://ducati25024horas.blogspot.co....del-motor.html
Thanks for the engine rebuild file Flip, I have put it on a CD for future reference. Mine is a wide case of course, but I,m sure that most of it will be relevant, and luckily I can get by in Spanish.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:07 PM   #48
Dookbob

got the lump back in[IMG]free upload image[/IMG]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: