UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Seton Tuning Colchester for Race Worn Tyres

Old 01-07-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
Funkatronic
another year another bike

Bike: S2r 1000
Thumbs up Seton Tuning Colchester for Race Worn Tyres

Been looking for some tyres recently and on recommendation of a few people on here have been emailing Phil Seton of Seton Tuning in Colchester regarding race scrubs from their R1's which use the same tyres sizes as my s2r

they quoted me £90 Delivered or £100 fitted to loose rims for Pirrelli Diabolo and other track compound tyres

well, I found myself on a lengthy excursion into the essex country side on monday afternoon so decided to give them a call to see if they had some race scrubs in my size available and if they were able to fit them to my bike if i rode it to them that day. it was 4pm when i called and i was 40 miles away but amazingly they were only too happy to oblige.
Turned up around 5pm to the guys unpacking the van after from their excellent debut 16th in world supersport at the weekend which for an indie team from essex is pretty amazing feat

they are a Yamaha shop so had to listen to quite a few Ducatastrohe gags, as well as being quite entertained by them having to machine down the spindle on their only single sized paddock stand, borrow 44 and 29mm sockets from their neighbors garage to get my wheels off and improvise a jig to enable the balancing of my lovely Marchesini rims credit to them, they stayed there till 7pm to get it done right and whats more they only charged me a £100 inc removing the wheels from the bike, re-fitting and balancing. A nicely track melted but very sparsely used set (only 8 laps apparently!) of Pirelli Diabolo Supercorsas now adorn my bike and im v pleased. nice to know my tryes have been round corners faster than i have, albeit on an R1

I know these wont last me that long but it'll be fun wearing them out

very good people , good value used tyres, and great service. but maybe call them to warn them if you plan on taking them single sided swinging Ducati
Funkatronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
Bodybag

Phil isn't a great fan of our beloved Italian marque but you're right about the service, regardless of what bike you have, they always treat it with as much respect as their own.

I used to work full time at the unit but college and kids has meant I had to move back to Leicester. 7pm is an early finish during the season. The lights will still be on at midnight some nights!!

Wish them luck, they're in Jockhell this weekend for round 6 of the British Supersport championship.

P.S. I managed about 3000 miles on a set of ex-race Pirelli Diablo Supercorsas on my 749S. They were through to the thread on the rear by the time I got rid of them though!!

Last edited by Bodybag; 02-07-2009 at 12:20 AM..